Thread: the hurricane victims need help...

the hurricane victims need help...

there are SO many people who have been left homeless by the hurricane - over a MILLION. and there is so much medical care, food, and other help needed.

i'm thinking it's a very good time to donate to the red cross they do a great job every time, and you can donate as little as $5! you probably have an extra $5 left in your epassporte right now... so click here to donate to the red cross!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    there are SO many people who have been left homeless by the hurricane - over a MILLION. and there is so much medical care, food, and other help needed.

i'm thinking it's a very good time to donate to the red cross they do a great job every time, and you can donate as little as $5! you probably have an extra $5 left in your epassporte right now... so click here to donate to the red cross!

Ahmen to that (people needing help).

I do hope Red Cross has gotten it's act together a little better over the past 6 months or so. They were that great in getting things to people in orderly fashion in the tsunami hit areas of Asia..and a few years ago, there was absolute scandal when we found out that over half the money people gave was NOT going to people needing it.

Frankly I would like to see ANOTHER service come along and get to be as popular as Red Cross once in an organized fashion to get the help to those that need it. There are so many charities these days, it's almost dizzifying (is that a word) as to WHO to give to.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    give to charities who spend more to help and not on themselves.

Red Cross is a good choice. Im trying to find my fucking card it's buried somewhere but I plan to send them money since that's what they want so they can buy the things needed over there.

Xstr8guy
    The Red Cross needs a better webhost. The page isn't loading for me.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    The Red Cross needs a better webhost. The page isn't loading for me.
    Nevermind. It's loading now but it's really slow. Hopefully it's because people are overwhelming it with donations.

dalimili
    There are so many charities... so if you're not sure how the ones you give money to rate... check this site

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

desslock
    Instapundit is keeping a nicely explained selection of charities on his front page.

http://instapundit.com/archives/025235.php

Steve

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    I wonder why google and all the other major sites don't have donation links on their front pages like the did with the tsunami?