Thread: Mayor of New Orleans lashes out!

Slade

Mayor of New Orleans lashes out!

I heard his news conference this morning..and man..he was cursing a blue streak. He is obviously BEYOND pissed!
    --------------------------
    (This is a tamer transcript)

"We're getting reports and calls that [are] breaking my heart from people saying, 'I've been in my attic. I can't take it anymore. The water is up to my neck. I don't think I can hold out.' And that's happening as we speak." (Transcript of radio interview with Nagin)

Nagin said the time has long passed for federal authorities to act on their promises.

"You mean to tell me that a place where you probably have thousands of people that have died and thousands more that are dying every day, that we can't figure out a way to authorize the resources that we need? Come on man," he said.

"I need reinforcements," he pleaded. "I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. This is a national disaster. (Hear Nagin's angry demand for more troops -- 1:00)

"I've talked directly with the president," he said. "I've talked to the head of the homeland security. I've talked to everybody under the sun."

almost 4 years ago, a government funded study to determine what would be the worst disasters to hit america listed a "Category five hurricane hitting New Orleans".

Bush not only did fuck all, he cut the budget of the body that was supposed to try to address the problem. Three Years Running.

Nice of him to fly over and wave from his comfy chair.

I'm amazed he didn't throw out beads and yell "Show us your tits".

Fucker.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    Nice of him to fly over and wave from his comfy chair.

I'm amazed he didn't throw out beads and yell "Show us your tits".

Fucker.
    ..boy..did you nail that one!