Thread: my mishap at crate and barrel

my mishap at crate and barrel

my son and i were shopping for a present today. we went through the entire crate and barrel store slowly, checking out things we might want, and enjoying the music they were playing. after an hour and a half, we found a beautiful red bowl, but i wanted to get our relative a second item - a candle in a holder shaped like an acorn.

i went back to the display the candles were on, and picked one up. i saw one i liked better, so i put down the first candle and went to pick the new one up. as i lifted the second candle, the display was off-balanced. everything fell - the glass display, the candle holders, an empty wine bottle, and some other glass stuff. not only was there an incredibly loud *CRASH* but glass bounced up all around me.

then there was a second of utter silence as the entire store turned to see what happened.

the sales people at crate and barrel were super-nice. they told me that that happens rather frequently as i stammered through about a million apologies.

no wonder my son always calls the merchandise at crate and barrel "fine breakables"!

curiousbunny
    OMG thats' 2 funny and am sure they were EXTRA nice making sure u didnt get hurt and put in a hell out a lawsuit

they were probably extra nice to me because - i'm not sure why - i burst into tears. i just lost it for some reason, and they were frantic to reassure me about a hundred times that it wasn't my fault.

curiousbunny
    awwwwww ! hug
    I would of been like "may i speak with ur manager NOW !?"
    wtf is all this shit? LOL OK maybe not :o)

SLS
    That's happened to me at Pier 1! It is really ackward, since those stores have such calming quiet atmospheres, the glass breaking sounds like a train wreck.

I'm sure they appreciated your apoligetic attitude, a lot of people would yell about it being unsafe and how they could have been hurt. Did you still get the presents you picked out?

what a mess! I have done similar things but never with anything that is breakable ...or supposed to be breakable LOL

yes, we did get the presents despite my mishap.

we got her this
    http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=315&f=4981

and this is the one that caused all the trouble
    http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1330&f=9195

did you check for hidden cameras?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

oh, god - they can watch me knock stuff over again and again... maybe i'll make their blooper reel :uhoh:

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    did you check for hidden cameras?

Corey Bryant
    Now we all know what to buy basschick for Christmas