Thread: HTML Page File Extensions - What Do You Use?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

HTML Page File Extensions - What Do You Use?

Ive just been screwing around on one of our servers trying to get a bunch of files fixed and began to notice that depending on the type of site we have, we change the type of file extension to match it, this hasnt been done deliberatly, its almost as if it comes second nature.

Most of our resource orientated sites have pages that are .shtml extensions, except where script driven and then they end in .php whilst most of our 'surfer' orientated sites tend to be .html

So i wondered if you folks used a specific html extension on your sites, whether through habit or, deliberately?

From what i recall there are about 8 different extensions that can be used presently to display HTML on a web page, thought it would be interesting to see who uses what

Regards,

Lee

Corey Bryant
    It is practically unlimited as far as extensions. With UNIX, you can tell it to parse an HTML page like a PHP page etc. You can even do it so as to drop the extension

I usually use ASP so that I can use includes. Since we host on a Windows server, I know I can use SHTML, but since it is the same DLL that parses the SHTML files and the same load / CPU usage, we just use ASP. I tried to create one awhile back in HTML and it just did not work out. When I added a new web page, I had to go thru and add that on all the pages.