Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    More fighting?

Seriously??

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Oh oh... this could be an interesting winter.:chicken:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died Saturday evening at his home in suburban Virginia, said Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg.

A statement from the spokeswoman said he was surrounded by his three children when he died in Arlington.

"The Chief Justice battled thyroid cancer since being diagnosed last October and continued to perform his dues on the court until a precipitous decline in his health the last couple of days," she said.

Rehnquist was appointed to the Supreme Court as an associate justice in 1971 by President Nixon and took his seat on Jan. 7, 1982. He was elevated to chief justice by President Reagan in 1986.

His death ends a remarkable 33-year Supreme Court career during which Rehnquist oversaw the court's conservative shift, presided over an impeachment trial and helped decide a presidential election.

The death President Bush his second court opening within pour months and sets up what's expected to be an even more bruising Senate confirmation battle than that of John Roberts.

Rehnquist, 80 and ill with cancer, presided over President Clinton's impeachment trial in 1999, helped settle the 2000 presidential election in Bush's favor, and fashioned decisions over the years that diluted the powers of the federal government while strengthening those of the states.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...w200927D36.DTL

Should be an interesting couple of months now, unfortunately

Regards,

Lee

I have no clue on this one...what does this mean for us?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    so now the guessing game will start too... and who is going to be the front runner to replace him.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    This is horrible in a variety of ways.

I was really hoping that he would be able to make it until after the next election. Scary times ahead for the Supremes....glad I am outta there.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I have no clue on this one...what does this mean for us?

It means either we let the people of New Orleans loose on Bush and let them have their way with him, or the U.S. (and probably the rest of the world) is in BIG TROUBLE cuz there are going to be lotsa neo-cons on the court!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    More fighting?
    I say it was Cheney in the study with a candlestick!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Seriously??

Dang..I'm suddenly getting a lot of "server not found!"

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    there's gona be a shitstorm now

didn't Pat Robertson pray to God to kill someone at the high court? I think he just go his wish

I guess it will be a wait and see thing, to see how things fair out with Bush and who replaces Rehnquist.

desslock
    Well if we look at last year Supreme Court decision which was relevent to our industry - which kept COPA (Child Online Protection Act of 1998) - it was 5-4

and both O'Connor and Rehnquist were in the minority. So even if the President appoints people who would have identical views, then it would not change future outcomes.

However Clarence Thomas was in the majority on this decision for free speech reasons... and he may now be elevated to Chief Justice. And a nominee like John Roberts may also carry such a view that Congress cannot try to protect children at the expense of infringing on the free speech rights of adults.

Steve