Thread: Real Player

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar

Real Player

I got an email from AEBN this week saying they are no longer going to support Real media format. Is it becoming a thing of the past?

curiousbunny
    shame if it is, cuz the new real player codec rocks.

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. I am redoing the members area of our sites and kicking out the video in different formats and was considering .rm files as one of the formats. Think it is worth it?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It could be that surfers arent using their real player clips as much as other formats. If that is the case, then i can fully understand why they are going to do away with them, with the amount of clips those guys must have, im sure it takes up a heap of space on their servers, which must cost them a fortune.

Regards,

Lee

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by sukime69
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. I am redoing the members area of our sites and kicking out the video in different formats and was considering .rm files as one of the formats. Think it is worth it?

I used to think real player was a joke but now w/the new codec they have my respect and yes IT IS WORTH IT. Maybe u can have link so they can download the player if they dont have it from your site. (the free ver)

the free version of the newest real player is a nightmare. it sends me ads every time i close the player.

i used to love real videos, but the player - which spams and annoys me in every possible way - has made me choose other players whenever possible.

I think Real has good technology, its too bad they won't open it up a bit. Personally I don't want to have to install their special player to watch a video, if it doesn't work with stock standard Windows Media Player I avoid it since I try to make sure my setup is the same as my surfers.

You know, on this same topic, I had to install QuickTime to get Sorensen Squeeze to work and I just cringed and hated doing it since I had to download the huge itunes package, install itunes and a bunch of other crap to get QT installed, then delete it all and reset so many of the things that it automatically took over. As a result of that I have a new hatred for QT clips and aviod them at all costs.

cheers,
    Luke

curiousbunny
    yes i do hate player who install extra shit on ur computer that u really dont need. i think if everyone used .wmv everything would b great.