Thread: Here's A Nice Little Money Saving Story $$$ :)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Happy Here's A Nice Little Money Saving Story $$$ :)

So we have a few domains coming up for renewal in the next few weeks and i have to say, being the cheapskate that i am we're always trying to find ways of saving money especially on domain names because we order so damn many of them LOL

So for the last year or so what we have been doing is using one of the really cheap registrar programs ($8-$10 per domain) when we first register a domain just to see if we can actually build a decent traffic level up on it, if we dont, then the domain stays where it is or, doesnt get renewed as its not going to break the bank if something screws up with the registrar or the domain drops.

I should also point out, prior to this years domain registrations every domain we registered was done through either Joker.com or Directnic costing us anywhere from $12-$15 per domain per year, even if the domain didnt get us any additional traffic. Anyway back to the money saving stuff ...

As is said, this last year we tried something different for our domain registrations, opting to go for a much cheaper registrar for the initial 12 months registration then, if the domain didnt gain much traffic over the year we left it where it was however, if we noticed the domain was over a certain traffic level, we waited until it was time to renew and a day or so before the renewal date, transfered the domain to Directnic for $15 including another 12 months of registration.

By doing this, i just worked out that over the last 12 months alone, we have saved over $600 in registration fees on 100+ domain names and, at the same time, have managed to organize our domains based on their traffic levels so that the low traffic domains are with one registrar and, the higher trafficked domains are with a more reputable domain registrar

Just figured id share that info with you all, it really does make things a lot easier when it comes to managing our DNS settings, not to mention, it saved us a nice chunk of change that otherwise, could have been wasted on low traffic domains

Regards,

Lee

I mainly use cheapestregistry for my domains (they are an enom reseller). Eric, the guy that runs it, is great. Since I had a few domains, he setup a direct login to the enom site for me to give me a single admin panel. Plus once I hit a certain level, he gave me a bit of a discount too. He even gave me about 50 free .info domains last year.

And since it is all run on Enom's systems, they are totally stable and offer free AdvancedDNS tools which makes life a lot easier.

At less than $9 per domain, I highly recommend them.

cheers,
    Luke