Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comus vs Auto Gallery Pro

Dzinerbear

Comus vs Auto Gallery Pro

Hi all,

A lot of TGPs I know use Auto Gallery Pro. Someone else I've been talking to says that Comus is the best. It's also six times the price.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is it the best? And if so, what makes it so great?

Thanks
    Michael

Comus used to be the leading program, however, since AutoGallerySQL version 4 came out (I think thats the right version number), IMHO Comus does not have any significant advantages over AGS that make it worth the extra money.

cheers,
    Luke

Wanna
    Comus Rocks
    Any AG products dont even compair to what Comus can do.
    You can get the free trial of Comus and test drive it so it will show you what its
    capabilities are. You can also keep the trial version for life at a 2% traffic skim if you want.

I have used them both and there isnt even a compairason. Comus can be intimidating at first
    but the support is awsome and the folks that support it dont care if your using a free
    or paid version they treat you the same...
    I wouldnt go back to AG after useing Comus it would be like going back to the stone age
    and there is more truth than fiction to that statement.

Also I do support for Comus and there is alot more to it and it is more than just a TGP script.
    It enhances your trade scripts, filters your traffic, the list is huge what it can do.

Do a test!!!
    Install them both play around with them visit the support forums get a feel
    of them both!!!
    And then you make the decision

Wanna
    I forgot to add
    With Comus all updates are FREE even with the free version.
    Meaning you will allways have the latest greatest code.
    This is The demo site of Comus... Password= demo
    http://comusthumbs.com/demo/ctlogin.php

This is what Comus will look like real soon
    http://comusthumbs.com/demos/1/
    http://comusthumbs.com/demos/2/

Vendzilla
    One of the good things about comus is the support, I'm part of that, I'm the new rep for comus and I go aroiund to the boards to answer most of the questions you might have. Anybody that thinks any program compares to comus, ask how long it would take to load 10k FHG's to there site, you can do it with comus in about an hour, maybe less if your orginized.
    I'll help with anything concerning comus, just ask!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well i cant speak for Comus as i have never used it however, i do like AGSQL and, it would seem to be the script that most of the larger gay TGP's are using these days, that has to say something about it

My only problem with Comus is that it does take some traffic if you use the trial, ultimately, if you decide against Comus, you lose traffic, if you then decide to buy Comus, you lose traffic and end up paying out for a full script.

Regards,

Lee

Wanna
    I am not bashing AG products at all but I have used them both personally.
    Comus is far beond AG products to say the least. Plus the trial version is a full
    version not a restricted or slimmed down teaser.

With AG you get no support unless you pay for the script first, wich I think sucks.
    Comus on the otherhand you get complete support with any version you install..

The 2% skim is only fair I think for a free script as sofisticated as Comus. Comus
    has features built in that increase overall prod so I dont see how you figure you loose
    traffic and the paid version has no skim so how do you loose traffic there...

I dont think either of the above scripts could give a shit less rather you are running
    a gay tgp, straight or a teen tgp. It is mearly a user friendly GUI to the sql database.

At least with Comus you can test drive it before you pay for it and you can see
    what you are spending your money on.
    With AG you spend money before you can even install the product not to mention
    test driving it...
    Would you buy a new car without first driving it to see if you even liked it???
    Me Neither
    A good product will sell itself.

dalimili
    Ok, so what's the difference between 2% and 20%... I really don't get that part... Does that mean 2% of all clicks goes to another site chosen by Comus or what?

Vendzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by dalimili
    Ok, so what's the difference between 2% and 20%... I really don't get that part... Does that mean 2% of all clicks goes to another site chosen by Comus or what?
    The default is set to 20% till you register it, then it goes to 2% , that 2% goes to a clean tgp that is run by comus.

dalimili
    Ok, so while we're on the subject of tgp.. who "invented" them, or should I say, who was the first to even get an idea for it?

Dzinerbear
    And I'm assuming if you buy it, the skim goes to zero?

Vendzilla, I know you've spent a lot of time in this thread, and you've said that Comus is way better. Can you give me six or eight examples of things you feel Comus does better that AGS?

And perhaps a couple of things that you do that AGsql doesn't do at all?

Thanks
    Michael

Vendzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by dalimili
    Ok, so while we're on the subject of tgp.. who "invented" them, or should I say, who was the first to even get an idea for it?
    I believe the first big one was http://thehun.net as still is the biggest

Vendzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Thanks
    Michael
    Comus is working on a comparision chart right now, I haven't used Autogallery for a while, while thumbing pics you don't have the control that you do with comus, even the posters get control when submitting, they can thumb which much more power than any other script.
    One of the big things that comus does it populate with prethumbed FHG's , You can enter your affiliate code and with a click download all the hosted galleries into your database. The list of affiliates is growing all the time, you can put over 10k galleries into a tgp in a very short time, already thumbed!
    Support, no other tgp script has the support that comus has, I'm part of that support, I'll help with templates and most other problems you might have, I run a couple tgps with comus and have had these for a couple of years.
    Updates, they happen often, Sixzeros is always working on new features and security measures, did you know that comus scans the galleries ion your database several times a day to look for cheaters? Updates are done with one click, it then updates automatically!

Anymore questions?

Wanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    And I'm assuming if you buy it, the skim goes to zero?

Vendzilla, I know you've spent a lot of time in this thread, and you've said that Comus is way better. Can you give me six or eight examples of things you feel Comus does better that AGS?

Thanks
    Michael
    I am not Vendzilla but all answer the question

1. MySQL and Zend optimized PHP
    2. Super easy thumbnail cropping tools for both you and your submitters.
    3. Fully automated gallery scanner checks and blacklists cheaters.
    4. Built in template based website builder allows unlimited options for category and archive pages.
    5. Bulk gallery scan tools.
    6. Partners are given individual rankings so can trade your top listings.
    7. Gallery listing is static html so it loads very fast for very high volume sites
    8. Thumbs can be any size and dimensions. rectangles or squares, tall or wide
    9. You set quality of thumbs to be created.
    10. Thumbs are created from the full size images for maximum quality
    11. Movie galleries are scanned for content
    12. Thumbs can be created from movie sample images
    13. Advanced gallery review area with filtered results so you check and approve/deny whatever and how many you want.
    14. Set your site to auto update any time you want, hourly, daily, weekly.
    15. Advance gallery queuing tools for specific updates. You can set a gallery to display days after you approve it.
    16. Set the number of galleries that get displayed each update.
    17. Powerful tools to search for, edit, update or delete any and all galleries in database
    18. Can set separate daily post limits for preferred or normal submitters
    19. You define number of sample images that are grabbed from a gallery for your thumb making options
    20. Run both thumbnail and Text listings on the same page.
    21. Run multi sized thumbs and banners on the same page.
    22. Customize how the entire site looks with templates, variables and macros.
    23. Customize thumbnail tables for size, border, cell space and padding.
    24. All emails are template driven
    25. Send emails as html or plain text
    26. Can require reciprocal link
    27. Can set Min/Max number of images/movies required
    28. Email confirmation of post to submitter and require them to respond
    29. Email notification of gallery approval or denial
    30. Easy trade script support
    31. Option to have separate trade settings for thumbs or text links
    32. Preferred submitters get listed right away (using password)
    33. Can have site update on its own every day
    34. Email and Gallery display all template driven
    35. Black list by email address, IP or domain
    36. Display mixed galleries or separated categories
    37. Can place thumbs and text links anywhere on page that you want
    38. Turn on or off new gallery acceptance
    39. Add or remove categories on the fly
    40. Can check for and set limit of off site links on galleries (limit adverts and/or recips)
    41. Duplicate post check
    42. Banned word check during submission
    43. Allow or deny Java Scripts
    44. Allow or deny Flash
    45. Allow or deny iframes
    46. Allow or deny embedded objects
    47. Allow or deny pop-up
    48. Galleries can be rescanned on an individual basis to see if they have changed from when they were submitted
    49. Roll over code built in
    50. Support unlimited Categories
    51. Automatically adjust your rules for you
    52. Gallery Check is fast, fast, fast.
    53. Bulk gallery add tool for admin galleries
    54. Windows compatable
    The list goes on and on.......

Heres more of what Comus Thumbs gives you, that other scripts dont!

1. Hitbot Detection and Hitbot Protection, stops you from being cheated.
    2. Niche filtering, for higher productivty and better conversion ratios, allows you to redirect incoming traffic to its niche page.
    3. Niche Targetting, for better traffic trading, means you grow faster, by matching outgoing traffic trades to the niche of the link or thumb clicked.
    4. Dynamic Skimming, allows you to cream the traffic, and make more money, by setting different skim ratios for yourself, partner submitters and others.
    5. Gallery Rotation, means less work for you, and allows you to take full advantage of your personal custom galleries, by just setting it up and forgetting about it.
    6. Banner Rotation, allows you to profit and target your offerings, and match them to the niche of the surfer. You can use any sized thumbs, even banner sizes.
    7. Auto Thumbnailing and Digital Filtering, less work, better quality, more bookmarkers.
    8. Automatic Thumb Rating and Click Tracking, for better productivity.
    9. Total Layout controls with built in query language, means any layout rules you can imagine, this script can handle.

Vendzilla
    And more features are on the way, I got to look at some of them, I can't wait!