Thread: The European Union Want A .KID TLD

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

The European Union Want A .KID TLD

The committee is recommending the creation of a new top-level domain name ".kid" (like .com or .org) with content reserved for children, which could provide a secure Internet area regularly monitored by an independent authority. MEPs in the committee say the Commission should introduce a European free telephone number providing information on existing filter methods and making it easier to lodge complaints with the relevant authorities or report harmful sites. This is intended to offset the absence in some Member States of such hotlines.
    http://www2.europarl.eu.int/omk/sipa...NAV=S#SECTION2

Im wondering just how thats going to work with ICANN though, didnt they already say that they DIDNT want to have a .KID TLD in favor of the proposed .XXX TLD?

Will definately be interesting to watch this one play out especially as this is, in effect, forcing children to browse one specific type of domain a .KID id figure it'd be a hell of a lot easier for the government to control .KID domains than it would be to police regular domain TLDs :thumbsup:

What do you think of this idea by the EU and, more importantly, do you think ICANN will even listen?

Regards,

Lee

i like the idea of .kid. after all, the children are the ones with special requirements, not the adults. aol has a kids-only section for their members, and i know some parents who only let their kids surf there. it makes sense to me!

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

great idea

I think it would be a great idea.

In my mind it would then be upto surfers to prove they are adult to surf other TLD's - very much like the UK Adult Mobile Phone Users. They have to verify they are adult befor using their phone to gain adult content.

This could be policed by the ISP's - who would have to approve their subscribers for general surfing.

I can imagine it would be a start-up headache, but then imagine all surfers who hit your site would be pre verifed.

socks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website