Thread: TGP Traffic Trading

Dzinerbear

TGP Traffic Trading

I'm just wondering if someone can explain the principle behind traffic trading scripts on TGPs. Is it simply to get more traffic or perceived better quality traffic?

If you're trading away a surfer that came to your site by clicking one of your banners, aren't you pissing them off by not giving them a gallery, but rather trading them off somewhere else?

Cheers
    Michael

dalimili
    I am no expert, but I think it's mostly for receiving more traffiq, which eventually lifts your tgp a bit up and also more traffiq, more chances to get surfers that will buy at your sponsor... I don't know what better quality traffic would have to do with anything, since nobody knows which surfer is "better"...

it lets you skim traffic and send it off to other TGP sites. The idea is that if you can't make a buck off these guys after they click on a couple of your galleries, then trade them off to another TGP site and hope that your returned traffic is more in a buying mood.

traffic trading is the easiest way to increase your TGPs traffic, although it does not lead to very productive traffic it does help you get things started and if you keep the skim % to a reasonable number, ie, about 30%, you will end up growing your traffic without any serious loss of "potential" income.

cheers,
    Luke

actually a good trader can send very productive hits to his trade partners. one thing is that you don't HAVE to skim - you can trade traffic only from a toplist and tgp links throughout the page. if guys are expecting to be sent elsewhere, they can be very productive.

another thing that you can do to keep your productivity higher is to send the first click to each gallery to a gallery, rather than to a trade. the happier you keep your traded surfers, the more they click at their destination.

other things to consider are that if you trade with sites like your site, the productivity will be higher on your site and theirs. if you are a thumb preview MGP, and you trade with text TGPS, the overall productivity will probably not be as high as if two thumb preview MGP's are trading hits.

also thumb preview tgps grow faster, and send a lot of traffic back and forth, but on the other hand, tgps with accurate categories or accurate descriptions have higher productivity, which means more clicks, sales and bookmarkers. no-skim tgps that only trade through hard links and a toplist will gather the most long-term search engine and bookmark traffic. these TGPs and MGPs are the slowest to grow, but the best in terms of traffic quality.

Dzinerbear
    Wow! Thanks basschick for that comprehensive explanation. You really are the TGP Queen.

I snagged an amazing domain last night for my TGP.

Cheers
    Michael