Thread: How Comes You Dont Hear Much About These Traffic Sources Anymore?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Comes You Dont Hear Much About These Traffic Sources Anymore?

Webrings, pic posts, banner exchanges, traffic pyramids and CJs?

There was a time when everyone (and i do mean everyone) seemed to be talking about them on sponsors and resource boards these days, it seems all we hear about are TGPs, Link Lists and Traffic Brokers.

Have these sources of traffic really died their death or are there still some good sources of traffic to be had from those types of sites?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

pic posts are still around, although they lost their hold after tgps became prevalent.

banner exchanges are around, and there are new ones all the time. i don't use them because i never was comfortable having banners on my sites that i didn't control - imagine if some newb webmaster put something illegal on his banner!!!

link lists sometimes rock. i love persiankitty, justusboys, and some others. their traffic is usually pretty good, and some of the oldtimers like greenguy are still going strong.

there are CJ's out there, although the more common business model these days is the TGP that skims using a trade script. CJ's were a great traffic generator, but a lot of traders find better sales from TGPs.

and i know lots of people who use traffic brokers. i do, myself.

Dzinerbear
    What's a traffic pyramid? Sounds like fun.

Michael

Doctor Dre
    Things changes ... rings sucked arses ... because there wasn't enough quality control ... banner exchange = tons of cheating ... etc etc

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    What's a traffic pyramid? Sounds like fun.

Michael
    Actually, its nothing fancy, it basically worked like this..

Have a HTML box with 10 links on it ie,

1) Yoursite.com
    2) Another Site
    3) Another Site
    4) Another Site
    5) Another Site
    etc etc

Someone goes to your traffic pyramid page and moves all of the links down one line, so that Theirsite.com becomes the #1 link and Yoursite.com becomes the #2 link.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

In essence, you get a bunch of sites linking to each other, each helping with everyones sites inbound link popularity / pagerank in the se's.

It was popular for about 6 months a couple of years back but pretty much died off over night, strangely enough, around the same time as traffic brokers started becoming more prevalent in the industry LOL

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    They are still work to. Well, weeb-rings and pyramids and banners exchanges are all the same if internally focussed in general terms.

Just people keep looking for the "next big thing".

The ONLY 2 secrets in this business are hard work and consistency.

Everyone wants a shortcut.

I get 20+ joins a day on a bad day internally using these "forgotten" traffic sources.

Only took me 3 years to get it to that point and it now works on remote control.

I shit you not.

:honest: