Thread: Merchant account, who to use??

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar

Merchant account, who to use??

I am starting another site that deals mainly with direct members, I was wanting to know what company would be best for the merchant account? ccbill? paycom? etc, etc?

I have a bias for CCbill and that is probably who we are going to use, because Patrick is such a awesome guy! But any info or feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    when i hear the words "merchant account", i automatically think "netbililng.com". although i've never used them or heard anything about them (good or bad).
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

doesn't sound like he's actually looking for a merchant account, though. and ccill is always a good choice

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Sorry, I mean billing company.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Jacob

CCBill is an excellent choice for 3rd Party billing. this is probably the route you will probably have to go since getting a merchant account for membership sites is really tough and very risky doing it on your own. Going with a processor that has a very tight scrubbing policy will in the long term save your butt.

You can also use Paycom and Verotel. I have not had any problems with them and they are good for processing as well.

Netbilling can get you a merchant account, I believe, and you can process on your own, and scrub through their scrubbing system...but it's more dangerous and more headaches...

I would recommend ccbill & epoch all the way.

cheers,
    Luke

ahh...processor not merchant account. big difference!

i suggest Epoch. they have worked well for me and they have decent support.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

basement
    CCbill's stats are better than Epoch's.

Quote Originally Posted by basement
    CCbill's stats are better than Epoch's.

yes, unfortunately CCBill's admin area is EXTREMELY slow (at least it is for me).

also, their tech support have no clue as to what they are talking about and lack any type of technical knowledge. they had the nerve to claim that i didn't know what i was talking about...undermining the fact that i have 6+ years of professional technical experience, 5+ of those years in the online adult industry and 2+ years of that for a 3rd PARTY PROCESSOR! whew! i had to get that off my chest...i'm ok now...:honest:
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Serving the adult and gay communities since 1998
    Starting out with a membership site, I would suggest CCbill or Paycom and use theird party processing as tyhey do not deal with merchant accounts. Once your business grows and you want more control over the financial aspects of your business nd to save money, then it is time to get a merchant account and Netbilling is here to help. However, if you are selling adult or mainstream products, a merchant account is recommned right off the bat and only takes a day for us to setup the whole deal for you.

BTW - Netbilling offers ACH processing as well for all merchants whether they are processing credit cards with us or not at great rates.

Let me know if you jave any questions.

Thank you, Mitch Farber

Mitch Farber / CEO / NETbilling, Inc.
    Email: mitch@netbilling.com / Phone: 888-357-8166 / 661-252-2456
    Credit card and ACH processing + 24/7 call center services with exceptional rates and flexibility.

Corey Bryant
    If you are familiar with CCBill and you are used to them - keep with them. Changing providers or getting another company is sometimes the biggest pain because you are used to the other company.

If your volume warrants it, convert your recurring membership to a merchant account and let CCBill handle your first time customers