Thread: AEBN drops Real Player :(

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

AEBN drops Real Player :(

I am not a big fan of Real Player but alot of my Members are and I was very disappointed to find out that AEBN dropped the Real Player from their leased feeds. I have already had members complain and some cancel. I wanted to see what everyone elses thoughts were on this. Do you members use Real Player alot?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

there is a thread from a few days ago about this
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=12121

one thing i doubt aebn considered - although who knows? - is that lots of people downloaded real player just to watch their movies. they're used to it. and people are often not very flexible, so trying to force them to make changes like this is going to be rough on them. i have computer-illiterate friends who would stop visiting their favorite websites rather than "figure out" new players.

gtpadmin
    AEBN had for sure a good reason behind that move.
    I myself prefer WinAmp--- never liked real player myself... and there are so many alternatives out there now ..no wonder they dropped it.

USA
    Real Player is better then Windows Media Player

TheWhack
    windows media sucks ass I think... I use winamp for the videos now if I have to.

Sometimes I do like realplayer for certain things, I will use quicktime if it is offered.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    This is why AEBN should of kept Real Player, I don't care what their reason was. Everyone has a preference of what player they like to use. Why get rid of that preference they have had for years? Having only one format is pure stupidity imo. We did our new site and have every format and many speeds avaliable. Yeah it might be a little more expensive but who cares it is about the members and keeping them happy and my members are definitely not happy. I have complaints pouring in and members cancelling. Months ago when AEBN said the Real Player feeds would be dropped they said they would get a flash type player that would work on everyones computer and I have heard nothing on that now. I am very pissed they dropped Real Player and I am thinking of dropping their content. :evil:

Mark

Mindy
    We offer both real and windows. It is not our job to debate one over the other. Everybody has there personal preference. Perception = Reality.

We are a superstore in a sense, our job is to offer our members choice. Plenty of preference on both side.

if you're looking for flash videos, try www.feedsnow.com. they have a great selection, an aebn style 4 video page, but you can choose which 4 videos per page you want, and you can change them all the time.

plus you can make their page look like your own site by using your backgrounds, fonts, and stuff on a template.

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    This is why AEBN should of kept Real Player, I don't care what their reason was. Everyone has a preference of what player they like to use. Why get rid of that preference they have had for years? Having only one format is pure stupidity imo. We did our new site and have every format and many speeds avaliable. Yeah it might be a little more expensive but who cares it is about the members and keeping them happy and my members are definitely not happy. I have complaints pouring in and members cancelling. Months ago when AEBN said the Real Player feeds would be dropped they said they would get a flash type player that would work on everyones computer and I have heard nothing on that now. I am very pissed they dropped Real Player and I am thinking of dropping their content. :evil:

Mark

Yet another member who wants to cancel, thanks AEBN.

I need to cancel my subscriptions then. I can not believe they did this -0oh well.
    Thanks for all the fun!
    Sincerely a depressed customer,
    J.J. Jeffers

Mark

PS: by the way this guy was a member for over 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    if you're looking for flash videos, try www.feedsnow.com. they have a great selection, an aebn style 4 video page, but you can choose which 4 videos per page you want, and you can change them all the time.

plus you can make their page look like your own site by using your backgrounds, fonts, and stuff on a template.
    I looked at them before but I will check them out again, thanks.

Mark