Thread: Building Your Sites - HTML Or Graphics?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Building Your Sites - HTML Or Graphics?

Just curious to see what everyone thought about making new sites and, specifically, whether you use graphical sites over HTML or vice versa?

I came to the realization a couple of hours ago that i tend to go the graphically intense route, irrespective of the type of sites i build over plain HTML layouts / designs.

I honestly dont know why but that seems to be the thing that i have stuck with from several years ago.

In todays age, do you think that building graphics heavy sites is the thing to do with so many surfers on broadband compared to several years ago when the majority of them were still on dialup?

Im thinking for the next few days ill be trying my hand at doing some regular plain old HTML designs and seeing how they fair sales wise.

So what is your preference when it comes to build sites, do you prefer building them in nothing but HTML or do you do the same as me and go with a graphically intense approach?

Also, does anyone know where to find some recent figures on the amount of surfers who are still using dialup these days?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I'm not sure what you mean by graphical vs. html sites. Do you mean graphic splash type sites vs. text heavy sites? I prefer to use a blend of those two styles.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Being a typically confused person I have no idea what you mean by HTML vs Graphic sites. :honest:

As html is more of a code telling the browser what to show, I'd say perhaps you mean rather than one huge image sliced up a more text driven page laid out in html?

For myself I use a blend of text & images as I believe that top heavy on either is a detriment to improving sales. The blend or mix will depend greatly on the type of page being generated. I mean a tour page might have more graphics versus say a general directory type page.

In addition, pages that are nothing but graphics will reduce SE benefits, so I do tend to insure that the text is properly SEO and placement of text is important as well for good SEO. Being a true nut case, my custom graphics are also keyword named with proper alt tag text.

Anyhow just my confused warped thoughts :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

desslock
    Behold, the power of text.....

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    Behold, the power of text.....

Google is a whore for text, and loves to suck on H1 and H2 tags :goofy:

masterut
    text rulz

picture - cool

more text = more search engine traffic and easier to alter

more graphics = easier to build, and can be more dramatic in appearance, and more integrated as a graphic page is usually built as a single graphic first.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    A lot of text may look less attractive, but the SE's like it. You can get them turned on with lots of dirty copy.

And it's a good excuse for my lack of graphic art skills.

D'oh, my "outside" voice strikes again.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I hate graphical heavy sites. I make a note to avoid them. In my opinon it's complete overkill. Just like flash sites, overkill. What makes sites great is content and layout. I have a very fast connection and processor, but still, graphical and flash always have delays no matter how fast your box and connection are. When I type an address and hit enter, I like to see it with 0 delay.