Just curious to see what everyone thought about making new sites and, specifically, whether you use graphical sites over HTML or vice versa?

I came to the realization a couple of hours ago that i tend to go the graphically intense route, irrespective of the type of sites i build over plain HTML layouts / designs.

I honestly dont know why but that seems to be the thing that i have stuck with from several years ago.

In todays age, do you think that building graphics heavy sites is the thing to do with so many surfers on broadband compared to several years ago when the majority of them were still on dialup?

Im thinking for the next few days ill be trying my hand at doing some regular plain old HTML designs and seeing how they fair sales wise.

So what is your preference when it comes to build sites, do you prefer building them in nothing but HTML or do you do the same as me and go with a graphically intense approach?

Also, does anyone know where to find some recent figures on the amount of surfers who are still using dialup these days?

Regards,

Lee