Thread: If I could turn back time... (no it's not Cher)

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

If I could turn back time... (no it's not Cher)

What, if anything, would you do differently in this business if you could turn back time, and do it again.....?

Knowing what you know now, and if you could take that knowledge back in time with you... how would you use it to your advantage?

Bump

Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    wow, lots of ideas on this one!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Be more aggressive in marketing than before, learn more technical procedures first, and start with a more succinct plan of attack than I did. :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    go back about 10 years and start worldtwink

Short domain names. When I got into adult 6 years ago I just didn't have the forsight to register all the kick ass short domains, because I wasn't going to be developing them, I decided not to register them. Now going and looking at most of the domains they're parked, undeveloped and paid for another 3 years ~sigh~ If I would have only registered them :francais:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

the only things i would do differently are:

1. skip two hosts. they were both highly recommended, had no bad threads on boards, and both brought our business to its knees - one in 1999, one in 2003.

2. i'd probably have started the muscle site i'm working in in 2000. and would probably have started a couple other paysites as well. of course, it's easy to say that now - can i turn back time to 2000 but send myself the paysite knowledge i have in 2005?

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    everything happens for a reason and that which does not destroy us makes us stronger.
    life has led me to where i am today , and it's a good place! , can someone help me fasten my sleeves to the back of my jacket? :goof:

sincerely ~..."i wouldn't change a thing!"... - kylie minogue

I agree with Squirt - I would have bought as many short / typein domain names as I could have. There is easy money to be had with good typein domains.

cheers,
    Luke

i don't believe everything happens for a reason. i also don't believe that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. look at shell shock victims - they sure aren't stronger. or any trauma survivor - most are in far more fragile shape than before they were traumatized...

but that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    everything happens for a reason and that which does not destroy us makes us stronger.
    life has led me to where i am today , and it's a good place! , can someone help me fasten my sleeves to the back of my jacket? :goof:

sincerely ~..."i wouldn't change a thing!"... - kylie minogue

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    I don't believe everything happens for a reason.
    f = m x [Delta]V or [Delta]V = f/m (1)

The first law of physical motion proposed by Isaac Newton states that all observed changes in the state of motion of bodies are caused by discoverable external actions. This fundamental law of physics has also been applied to operant behavior (Nevin, Mandell, & Atak, 1983; Plaud & Gaither, 1996a; Plaud, Gaither, & Lawrence, 1997; Plaud & Muench-Plaud, 1998). It has been empirically demonstrated that behavior varies in its resistance to changing environmental contingencies and that this resistance is related to the rate of reinforcement density associated with the behavior (Nevin et al., 1983). This finding is called behavioral momentum: the joint product of response rate and the persistence of that rate under changing behavioral contingencies.

Newton proposed that a physical body in motion continues to travel in a uniform and straight line unless acted on by an external force. Newton's second law states that whenever an unbalanced force acts on a body, it produces an acceleration in the direction of the force that is not only directly proportional to that force but also inversely proportional to the mass of the body. Behavioral momentum is based on Newton's law of physical motion for its theoretical and empirical model the dynamics of behavior (Plaud & Gaither, 1996a). For example, the rate at which a school bus traveling at a constant speed will slow down is directly proportional to the force that the bus driver applies to the brakes and inversely proportional to the size and weight of the school bus. Nevin (1992b) has studied and applied this law of physical motion to behavioral dynamics: Velocity (V) refers to response rate, mass (m) refers to the response strength, and force (f) refers to the change in the contingencies for the behavior. According to the analogy to Newton's laws of motion, behavioral response rate is defined as the velocity, whereas the behavior's resistance to change is defined and conceptualized as the mass. These quantities can be expressed as follows:

f = m x [Delta]V or [Delta]V = f/m (1) source

You see.... everything does happen for a reason :honest:

AND bump for If I could turn back time

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Squirt - i'm not really arguing cause and effect here... you are a first-class silly person

and that's why we love you...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    f = m x [Delta]V or [Delta]V = f/m (1)

The first law of physical motion proposed by Isaac Newton states that all observed changes in the state of motion of bodies are caused by discoverable external actions. This fundamental law of physics has also been applied to operant behavior (Nevin, Mandell, & Atak, 1983; Plaud & Gaither, 1996a; Plaud, Gaither, & Lawrence, 1997; Plaud & Muench-Plaud, 1998). It has been empirically demonstrated that behavior varies in its resistance to changing environmental contingencies and that this resistance is related to the rate of reinforcement density associated with the behavior (Nevin et al., 1983). This finding is called behavioral momentum: the joint product of response rate and the persistence of that rate under changing behavioral contingencies.

Newton proposed that a physical body in motion continues to travel in a uniform and straight line unless acted on by an external force. Newton's second law states that whenever an unbalanced force acts on a body, it produces an acceleration in the direction of the force that is not only directly proportional to that force but also inversely proportional to the mass of the body. Behavioral momentum is based on Newton's law of physical motion for its theoretical and empirical model the dynamics of behavior (Plaud & Gaither, 1996a). For example, the rate at which a school bus traveling at a constant speed will slow down is directly proportional to the force that the bus driver applies to the brakes and inversely proportional to the size and weight of the school bus. Nevin (1992b) has studied and applied this law of physical motion to behavioral dynamics: Velocity (V) refers to response rate, mass (m) refers to the response strength, and force (f) refers to the change in the contingencies for the behavior. According to the analogy to Newton's laws of motion, behavioral response rate is defined as the velocity, whereas the behavior's resistance to change is defined and conceptualized as the mass. These quantities can be expressed as follows:

f = m x [Delta]V or [Delta]V = f/m (1) source

You see.... everything does happen for a reason :honest:

AND bump for If I could turn back time

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i don't believe everything happens for a reason. i also don't believe that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. look at shell shock victims - they sure aren't stronger. or any trauma survivor - most are in far more fragile shape than before they were traumatized...

but that's just me...
    you may debate the philosophies but not the context they were used in , in regards to my life!

jim