Thread: Where Were You 9/11/2001 ?

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

I Wonder? Where Were You 9/11/2001 ?

I was watching West Wing late at night in my little flat attached to the office I then had.. they interrupted for a newsflash and when they crossed to New York the 2nd plane hit live while they were showing the live footage as background.

I sat in awe for 5 minutes and then rang everyone I knew because I knew the world as we then knew it had changed forever.

Still sends a chill up my spine.

May the memory of the tragedy long serve as a reminder to us all.

I was HERE Getting my son ready for school in the morning, started getting calls and emails from all my friends. Real intense. May all the innocent victims of war around the world be remembered today.

Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Dzinerbear
    I was sitting at my desk at MANcheck. One of the programmers had put on the TV and tuned it to CNN because he had heard on the Net that plane hit the WTC. A few minutes later, we saw the seond one hit.

About an hour later, we shut down for the day.

Michael

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    My sister called me at home to tell me to turn on the TV... this was after the 3 planes already hit their targets.

I think the first tower already fell, but I called my partner who lives in Manhattan. I watched on TV as the second tower fell and he watched it fall in person from his apartment window, a safe distance away.

gtpadmin
    I was driving to work when the first plane hit and heard it on the radio and thought to myself...bad joke... and as I got to the studio I turned on CNN and saw the secong plane hit and my knees were shaking...
    I started crying within and thought that WWIII was happening before my eyes... as Curious said...the world as we knew it, was changed forever...

I am from NYC, born , bred, and raised there... and today has made me stop and think again where we are as a world community--- saddening---

I had actually stopped smoking for 5 months before 9/11 and haven`t yet to quit since that day.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I was the General Manager of a Carl's Jr in Pacific Beach, CA (That's Hardee's to all you midwest people). It was early and we had not opened yet. I was entering the inventory in the computer and listening to Howard Stern... it was early enough that the West Coast stations had not yet begun the 2 hour time delay re-broadcast, so I was listening live. As I was doing my reports, I had a visit from the Fire Marshalls for my fire inspection. As they were doing the inspection, one of them came back into my office and said "a plane just hit the World Trade Center". I didn't think anything of it, thinkingit was a commuter plane. At this point, the Howard Stern rebroadcast begun, so I didn't hear any details form New York as they happened. A little while later, the Fire Marshalls came back and said that a second plane had hit the building. Listenign to the radio, I realized that it had cut back into the Howard Stern live broadcast and I heard everything as it was happening. It was crazy. We are in a military town and the store I worked at was near a navy sub-base... so when I looked out the window, the streets were packed with cars getting the fuck out of dodge. We tried closing down, but my District Maanger said "no". I remember when we had our lunch rush, the high school kids were treating it like a school holiday. I remember saying to them "are you crazy??? Go home!!!" Finally, when our part of town was more or less deserted, we closed the store.

Sana Chan
    I was in the small gym here on campus. I was the assistant teacher to the Fencing Class. Me and the teacher were wondering where all our students were when one came in and told us that the towers had been hit. We canceled class and ran to the nearest TV.

I just remember seeing all the people trying to get home afterwards on foot. Going across the bridge just desperate to get home to their families.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Do I remember that day but good! I was just laid off from my job as general manger of a food service company. The company was bought out 6 months before and I was training the new owners. I was one of the lucky ones I guess because if I still had my job I would have been at the Amish supper market around 6am. Just a block away.
    The next day I had a job interview with a supper market that had its main office about 4 blocks away. Needless to say that there was never an interview with that company.
    I had ABC on good morning America. I just couldn’t believe my eyes as plane two hit the building. Then the phone rang and it was Eric, wanting to know if it was safe to fly into NYC that weekend. He was moving in then.

Next week when I was in the city it was so strange! Jet fighters flying overhead, the army in the streets, and the smell of smoke everywhere. Also the none stop pictures of people. It was so sad. By the time I had gotten in midtown north was back to normal, it was just lower Manhattan was different. A different kind of mood, and the sounds of emergency cars and trucks where none stop.
    Bush not listening to the warning signs from the CIA

i was about to go to sleep (late) when i decided to hop on gfy. after seeing the threads about the first plane, i called my son and we shared the terrible things that followed that morning.