Thread: against .xxx? here's what you can do about it!

against .xxx? here's what you can do about it!

against .xxx? here's what you can do to let ICANN know that the adult industry does NOT support .xxx!

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/dotXXX/Form.html
    fill out the top, sign your name and hit send.

how easy is that?

why don't we support it again?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

costs lots more than regular domains, and it won't do anything to keep out children - you have to use filtering software to keep minors out of .xxx, but you can already add an ICRA code to your page that will keep out any minors surfing with filtering software on.

plus it will make it very easy for the government to do what they wanted to do a few years ago - create a .xxx, then require all adult sites use it, then make it so .xxx can't be listed on search engines, etc.

btw, i had an email dialogue with the guy who owns the company who wants to be the registrar for .xxx. he's really nice, but when i asked him if there was any way that .xxx would keep minors away from adult materials, he said it would work with filtering software. when i pointed out to him that virtually no parents use filtering software, he acknowledged it and said part of the mission of is company would be to educate the parents.

so basically we'd have to pay $75 per domain to do the same thing we can now do for free by putting up an ICRA code.