Thread: bush changes his story about levees

bush changes his story about levees

"NEW ORLEANS (CNN) -- President Bush said Monday that when he told the country, two days after Hurricane Katrina crashed ashore, that no one had anticipated the breach of levees in New Orleans, that wasn't what he meant.

Bush said he wanted to "clarify" the remark he made in an interview with ABC -- an inaccurate statement that added to blistering criticism against the president.

"When that storm came by, a lot of people said we dodged a bullet. When that storm came through at first, people said, 'Whew.' There was a sense of relaxation. And that's what I was referring to," Bush told reporters in New Orleans Monday. "Of course, there were plans in case the levee had been breached. There was a sense of relaxation at a critical moment."

That was not what Bush told ABC on August 31. "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. They did anticipate a serious storm. But these levees got breached. And as a result, much of New Orleans is flooded. And now we are having to deal with it and will," he said.

In fact, [b]local, state, and federal officials had predicted for years that a Category 4 hurricane could breach the levees and flood New Orleans. And forecasters said for days before Katrina made landfall that it could be a Category 4 hurricane.[b]

Some lawmakers pointed to Bush's remark as one of many signs that Bush and his top advisers were unaware of the realities on the ground."

Camper than a row of tents
    Don't you know? Now isn't the time to point fingers since the bodies haven't even been recovered yet.

... now is the time to get stories straight for when the fingers are pointed!

I'd hate to think what would happen after a massive terror strike on the US. New Orleans proves the federal government is not capable of handling a large scale disaster. Now is the time to point fingers, because Al Qaeda may not wait a year or two for us to figure out what went wrong in New Orleans.

Typical.

This must be his new M.O.

What will we hear next?

"I didn't mean Iraq had WMD, I meant they were thinking of getting WMD."

"I'm the President of the United States. When I speak I don't mean what I say. Please let me clarify that when I don't know what is going on I'll say what my trusted, knowledgeable advisers tell me, and when they're wrong, I will say that you misunderstood me. I'm always right. If you think I'm wrong, you simply misunderstood me." :francais:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com