Thread: What Do You All Think Of Rome On HBO?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Do You All Think Of Rome On HBO?

We're finally caught up on the first 3 episodes and i have to admit, the 1st and the 3rd one didnt really do much for us

The second one was good and it looked like the 3rd episode was going to be a little more interesting but, i have to say, after the next episode, if it doesnt pick the pace up a little, i dont think itll be a show we watch.

HBO seems to have dropped all of their good shows recently in fact, from what i can tell, the only reasonably decent upcoming show is going to be the Sopranos in January '06.

So what do you folks think about Rome? Are you liking it so far or not?

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well its now official, another shitty episode and Rome has now been relegated to one of those shows we'll watch at late night if there is nothing else on.

A shame to because i had high hopes for this one

Regards,

Lee

I fell asleep during the first episode but thought the second episode was good. The third is still sitting in my Tivo waiting for me. At least the sets are good.

pxlfreak
    I like it but the shows storyline is kind of hard to follow. I don't always know who is who on that show they all look so much like each other except for a few.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I love the show, of course I am a history junkie so I would love it. I guess you can't please everyone. It's giving HBO it's highest ratings since the the 3rd season of six feet under according to the hollywood reporter. Subscription numbers have also jumped up bringing in fresh viewers. All ready the network has committed to a 2nd season of 12 episodes which reportedly is expected to exceed the $100 million price tag for the first.

I will give you this, it can be hard to follow, it's not the type of show that you can just have on in the background and follow. You got to turn off your cell phone, sit in the sofa, and watch it. But if you do, it's great.