Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explain the attraction of twinks to me

Xstr8guy

Explain the attraction of twinks to me

I'm gonna piss a lot of people off with this thread. But I don't really give a damn because I need to say it.

Recent threads have reinforced my perception that very young looking models/performers are what the market wants. Why?

"Just 18", barely legal, hairless, undeveloped boy/men... I just don't get the attraction. And here comes the controversial part... Isn't this really just a way for pedophiles to legally satisfy their lust for under-age boys?

I am personally not attracted to a man unless he appears to be over 30. But I can at least understand the young jock/frat/straight guy niches. After all, a young fit man is at least adult looking. What I can't understand is the allure of legal boys that don't look a day over 16. This can't be healthy unless you're a very young man yourself.

Can someone possibly explain this to me? Even if you can't, feel free to blast away at me. :argue:
    I can take it.

I realize that this a phenomenon that is duplicated on the straight side of the industry too. But that doesn't make it any more right in my opinion.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Interesting comments and frankly, made me think.

I know I like younger men, married one actually who is 23 years my junior but I think the attraction is not so much that they want underage kids but that they want to go back to a time when life was less complicated than it is now for them, as an older man.

Sort of living vicariously through them, recalling childhood memories and maybe escaping to a period in time when mortgage payments and car payments weren't keeping them up at night.

I don't think it is being a *********. Also I'd say that a ********* is a lot more complex than simply wanting underage flesh. It is more about control than about sex, least as I understand it. So enjoying a youthful looking body doesn't, least as I understand it, make one a ****.

But certainly an interesting question.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I don't like the skinny undeveloped twink niche either. I don't understand the attraction to underdeveloped, or weak looking, human beings. I'm not making judgement calls on anyone who does, but I don't see the attraction.

I was watching a show last night about the tribes in Papa New Guinea and how, when someone close to them dies, a woman will cut off her finger in remembrance of the close one who died, to appease the evil spirit who took that person away. She will then dry out the finger and where it as a charm on her necklace. Many of the women have only 2-5 fingers left on both hands!

Another show I watched had little boys being circumcised at age 11, then the family surrounds them for days, chewing bark, and getting close to his genitals and spitting it on the genitals.

In some African tribes boys keep a pet dog, and when the boy reaches manhood ( 13 I believe ) he has to kill his dog by his own hand, proving he's a man.

Other countries think we're strange for getting our faces cut up to look better, putting implants in breasts to look better, using braces to straighten teeth, tanning to become more brown, etc.

In other countries 14 is an age of consent. Do I think it's wrong, yes. Do I think cutting your fingers off because you're sad is wrong, yes. the list goes on. We cannot judge other cultures, as they will surely judge ours.

The human condition is quite diverse. I think the victimization that pedophiles perpetrate is different then people within their own culture doing what they think is acceptable. People forcing others into sex, against their will, or through manipulation, is illegal in all societies. Regarding a young age of consent, you have to ask, if it's acceptable in another culture, is someone in our culture, that is inclined the same way, really bad, or better suited to live in another culture? Again, I just don't see the attraction. I like all types, but not that type.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I can't speak for everyone, but on our sites, we have a large number of young (18-22) members judging from our mail, and I think that they're just attracted to cute guys their own age.

Of course, our DVD buyers seem to be mostly older, and I don't really know what their focus is. Our new Boyfunk site design incorporates a page on our corporate guiding principles (10 of them at present) which among other things talk about promoting healthy sexuality and discouraging things that are not healthy, and we'll eventually have links and resources for people that are seeking help.

I'm not sure what to think about the older guys that are really obsessed with young adults (as in, those just becoming adults). I'm not particularly attracted to twinks personally -- I mean, with a few exceptions, it's hard to have a really intelligent discussion with most of these guys -- but I guess a lot of people are just into the looks and don't care about anything else.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    and hairy guys over 40 are what? Your own dad you wish you had the guts to fuck?

or bdsm people who like to be spanked in reality just want the shit beaten out of them but are too sissy to ask for it.......

i dont know, im not in people's heads, who knows what's in their minds.
    could be anything. Probably has something to do with them being at their age and they identify with it?

why do some people want only blonds, or only hairy, or only muscular....?

Xstr8guy - i feel like there was a lot of judgement in your original post. i personally prefer slender, hairless, smooth-skinned people of either sex, and at ages above "barely legal". arie is 6'7" but he is fair skinned, very slender, not muscular to look at, with a long neck and no body or heavy facial hair. at 37, he's hardly a substitute for an underage boy.

i have never felt an attraction to an underage boy or girl since i was 19 years old, and that was a looooooong time ago.

on the other hand, most of us develop our sexuality at ages where people our age ARE hairless with no secondary sexual characteristics, so i could see where some of our original attractions to people who were our age then could carry over.

the guys attracted to their teachers and their friends dads are into daddy and bear types, the people attracted to their classmates and other kids their age might retain that attraction to slender and hairless.

sure, there are pedos out there into the young appearance, but i would think a guy who loves 14 year olds will find the average 19 year old a little long in the tooth.

desslock
    If I have a question about why someone does something, I always think about transgendered individuals. Why would someone change their sex? This is a concept very foreign to me. That question quickly reminds me that society is filled with a jillion different people who have a jillion unique wants and needs. Do I have to *understand* why someone would change their sex? Or just simply see that people do it as a means to pursue their own happiness?

If you've seen the 80s sci fi movie Big Trouble In Little China, you might recall a confused Kurt Russell getting upbraided with "You were not put on this Earth to 'get it', Mr. Burton" by the Chinese mafia mystics.

I also relate questions like this to my coming out experience with my friends and familly. The purpose is not supposed to make them "understand" why I am gay. What is the point? You just need to communicate that you are gay, and its a fait accompli.

If you go off judging whether a certain relationship or attraction is right or wrong, you are skating on really thin ice.

Steve

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    speaking of age of consent. in BG is 14 I think, but the whole attitude there is different.

I was 12 and everyone would ask if I had a girfriend, and if they saw me with a girl they'd ask if I banged her yet. My cousin was 14 when she started dating an 18 year old boy, with whom she's still together. Tottaly not freaking anybody

I was around early 13 when I started clubbing, and I mean going to a real club where alcohol is served with adults and all that. One even had stripper girls.

I have a friend who's 22 and hsi boyfriend was 16, he does look 18 with a 8 inch cock but still immature brats are brats, when they started dating.
    The guy's family knows nobody freaks out or anything. Of course if he was a 35 year old then they'd be freaked out.

And in school at 6th grade I remember the girls in our class would go and flirt with the 10-11th grade guys, and the guys would come down and hang out.
    It was all normal, the only reason parents complained is because some girls/boys were flunking classes from fucking off too much.

So age attitudes outside America can be waaaaaay different. Which doesn't excuse old geezers going after freshmeat

I don't get the whole "Twink" thing either.

I work for Fratmen. MEN. yeah, our guys are as young as 18, but they all look like men. Great bodies, masculine faces and a youthful maturity to them.

Most of our guys are in their early 20s, and they look like men.

These sites that have all these boy worshipers just scare the crap out of me.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

easy.....they are fucking hot!

:goofy:

cheers,
    Luke

BDBionic
    Somethin kinda odd about a thread in which a predominantly gay group of participants attempt to sort out just why certain individuals are attracted to certain types of people...

Dzinerbear
    Society is fixated on youth; whether we want to look young, feel young, or do things that young people do. The attraction to young guys seems perfectly normal to me. Afterall, when a 50-year-old straight man has his mid-life crisis, does he choose a 50-year-old woman to have his affair with?

I don't understand the attraction to kids, althought I do understand that it's usually a power situation and not so much a sexual thing.

xstr8guy, I understand your attraction to older men, but why such the violent reaction to people who are attracted to younger guys? As long as they're legal, live and let live, to each his own. I don't really get why men are attracted to skinny as a rake guys who look like they need to eat a couple of sandwiches, but as long as they're legal and I don't have to fuck them, I guess that's okay.

Michael

Happysucks
    I have never been with anyone younger then me.

I don't understand the attraction as I'm not attracted to Twinks.

What I do know is when I was 15/16 I had a partner of 36. Looking at him - he, to me now, was not fully right but looking at me, at that age, it was what I was looking for. But he was not the first as I can remember men doing things with me when I was as young as three... (But that’s why I go to a head Dr. and a whole other topic)

Personally - I don't agree with man boy love. Even though I was the boy I feel the older should take the stand and say no. Sexually, a 14-16 year old may be mature but "love" it's not. And the older seems to use this as the main leverage piece to snag a "happy ending".

Now that I'm 16 days away from 30 and see how 14-16 year olds look, physically... it only adds to my dis-understanding of the whole thing.

Not my bag and never will be.

I guess my attraction to older mainly comes from the many "sick" babysitters I had but then a lot of people could say it's also where I caught the gay.

Happysucks - we're talking about guys over 18 here, not minors.

personally i have had relationships (or just down and dirty sex) with people older than me and people younger. when i was younger, i had affairs with a few women and men double my age, and arie is 11 years younger than i am.

i think every age and type can have a lot to offer

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    I guess since I am into Asian guys, I just take it as a given that they will be twinks (or else I will be dating 50 year olds). They tend to stay younger looking longer, and are usually smooth and pretty much hairless.

I dont really think it is indicative of pedophelic tendencies or fantasies. I was into the same age guys when I was in my twenties that I am now into in my 40's (very early 40s that is).

I liked the point of it representing a simpler time in life. I have never given it much thought but I think that has to be part of it for me.

And I have to second Luke's comment, they are just so damned cute. I do find as I grow older the generation gap is more and more apparent.