Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is this funny or abusive?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Angry is this funny or abusive?

This was posted on a straight board and after looking at the first page I am feeling like this is not a funny site, though it was posted in a section of the forum for humor... so what is your view? is this racist crap or just plain sick humor?

http://www.sexisforfags.com/
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Hamilton Steele
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahaHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I feel for you. Ok... I'm not necessarily the best person to give an opinion on this. But as a total whore... I find if fucking hillarious!

Ahh don't read too much into it.

If sex is for fags; Paint me a rainbow.

BDBionic
    Well I think it's satire. And I find it pretty funny.

Satire in the sense that the entire context of the site is presented as if this actual pro-abstinence group, through the same kind of near-absurdly conservative take on the world, also can't help but refer to homosexuals as fags. It's making fun of abstinence-only campaigns, and part of the fun it's poking is that the fellas who promote the abstinence-only ideas (in the minds of hte people who created the satire here, at least) are the kinds of people that'd think associating sex with bein gay is what'd get through to people and make them abstinent.

Like if I was gonna poke fun at the 700 Club by dressing up as Pat Robertson and saying "Activist judges are all fags!". It's really Pat Robertson I'm pokin fun at there by taking his stance to such an absurd and laughable position, not gay people by using the word fag.

so the site doesn't offend me at all. And the context of it makes me laugh. Alot.

http://www.ironhymen.com/ is pretty damn funny too haha

BDBionic
    haha man i read the whole things and its all fuckin hilarious

SEX IS FOR NIGGERS !

Nah... still doesn't sound right.

What's the difference between ****** and FAGGOT?

There is no difference in their usage. The words were created to degrade people because they're different and demoralize them.

Odd, when you hear ****** referred to it's called the N word, yet a faggot is a faggot, and is called so proudly.

I wonder if they called Matthew Shepard a FAG while bashing his skull in and propping his half dead body up on the fence. I wonder if they called the two men they hung a month ago in the middle east for being Gay, FAGS.

Our people are killed and bashed for being gay, while being called FAGS. FAGS have less rights then heterosexuals. "Sex is for FAGS" ha ha ha ha so funny I forgot to laugh :francais:

I don't think substituting niggers with fags, or vice verse, makes it any more acceptable.

Very reminiscent of "That's so Gay"

If I knew the person, or it was a person to person joke, maybe sex is for fags would be funny, but left on the net with open interpretation, it's not cool.

The text he had on their was really funny! But the theme could have been changed to something like "Sex is slimy", or a million other things.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

BDBionic
    It's satire.
    It's parody.

If I drew a cartoon suggesting that the federal government's lame response to Hurricane Katrina was rooted in racism - and that's the point I was going for - and had a GWB charicature there saying something assinine like "Why can't them niggers just swim away?" the use of that term assigned to Bush's words is at the heart of the implication racism played a part in such a poor response to the catastrophe.

Or a parody/satire site with Pat Roberston standing there saying "Fags made God wipe out New Orleans with a hurricane" it'd be to point out what a hateful and foolish person he is to say something so absurd, his use of fag making that hate and foolishness so apparent.

Those sites are satire. Parody of the conservative government - and most specifically an ultra conservative, religious right presidential administration - urging kids to be abstinent by suggesting sexual activity links one to the thing the religious fundamentalists hate the most - homosexuals. And what would a fundie call a homosexual when expressing that disgust and disapproval? "Fag", the authors of that site suggest.

I didn't get offended by Squirt using "******" just now because within the context of his post using the word, there was a rational reason he used it for the point he was trying to make.

Just as "fag" appears on that site - within the context of a point the authors are trying to make through satire and parody.

It's precisely that the authors of that site know people use "fag" in hateful ways that they suggested if some absurdly right wing policy of abstinence-only geared at American teenagers would go so far as to use the word "fag".

"Fag" being in there is part of what made the site so funny. Religious fundamentals rendered so fearful through their hate that they're freaked out about the possibility of doing anything that might make em seem gay and that sex before marriage can do that. .

I still laugh when I think about readin' those sites.

The author's of the site aren't calling gay people fags. They're calling right wing religious fundamentalists people who would try calling people fags in order to scare them in to abstinence. They're calling them the closeminded ones who would see no fault in using that term to promote abstinence.

I wonder what your views on freedom of expression and speech are if the presence of a word itself is all that matters. What about context? Does it not matter at all? If I wrote a book documenting the Matthew Shepard murder and in that book, his two characters are written to call Matthew a "fag" while beating him, am I the author the one doing the namecalling there? Or am I simply relating a story in which two characters do? Or The Matthew Shepard Story... the movie. I'm pretty sure some people used the word "faggot" and "fag" in that one. They filmed scenes where actors playing the Phelps "God Hates Fags" group were holding up signs that said just that. Does that mean those actors were in the wrong? The director? Producers? Studio? No. Because it was an account of events being portrayed within a context that made those words not the words of the moviemakers but essential to the story they were telling.

Should they have cut those parts out of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by BDBionic
    Just as "fag" appears on that site - within the context of a point the authors are trying to make through satire and parody.

It's precisely that the authors of that site know people use "fag" in hateful ways that they suggested if some absurdly right wing policy of abstinence-only geared at American teenagers would go so far as to use the word "fag".

Yes I got that and the use of ****** would have the same impact as the right wing is nutoriously racist and their perceived overpopulation of unemployed "blacks" would indicate that "sex is for niggers"

You get it?

FAG is acceptable to make such a public paradoy of, ****** isn't.

Substitute the word Lesbian for FAG and it's not as funny... why? Because the use of the word FAG induces images of a negative stereotype we have to live with every day.

Like I said, his text was funny, but his use of the word FAG wasn't just satire and parody, otherwise he would have certainly used the word ******. But NIGGERS aren't funny and FAGS are HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :coffee:

I wonder what your views on freedom of expression and speech are if the presence of a word itself is all that matters. What about context? Does it not matter at all?
    I don't care what he says. He can say whatever he wants. Context matters as I explained above, it matters very much.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

BDBionic
    "******" wouldn't have worked on that site. We see all the time the religious right's contempt for homosexuals. There's not only the context of satire and parody but that of current events. The religious right has been pretty blatant in their disregard for homosexuals, and so that's why "fag" fits on that site. I simply don't see how substituting "fag" with "******" on that site would have made it nothing more than just... nothing. No longer even parody or satire because they'd drifted so far from the absurd reality.

"******" wouldn't have worked on that site. We see all the time the religious right's contempt for homosexuals. There's not only the context of satire and parody but that of current events. The religious right has been pretty blatant in their disregard for homosexuals, and so that's why "fag" fits on that site. I simply don't see how substituting "fag" with "******" on that site would have made it nothing more than just... nothing. No longer even parody or satire because they'd drifted so far from the absurd reality.
    Well I can't make you see the obvious, but I can give you more information.

The owner of sexisforfags.com also owns:

Queerwatch dot com
    Queerwatch dot net
    Queerwatch dot org
    Queerwatch dot us
    Manhater dot org

On his whitehouse.org site you can see his references to FAGGOTS HERE His satire includes such funny phrases as "fucking faggot penguins" , "sissy faggot" , "non-faggot guns", "fancy-pants faggot-boy", "Only a faggot would say that", "The Faggot Problem", and more.

HA HA HA HA HA HA He's so funny! His parody and satire have me on the floor laughing HA HA HA HA HA

on a side note I'd like to say that his http://www.nra-kkk.org has a front page that had me on the floor LMAO

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

BDBionic
    whitehouse.org is a hilarious site. Again, a parody of the White House. Satire. It's fuckin' hilarious.

The fuckin penguin faggots one truly is funny. We all remember the story about the gay penguins at the zoo in NY (I believe it was New York).

http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2004/062504.asp read that story from WhiteHouse.org about the fucking faggot penguins. It's a parody of stuff Dick Cheney would have said. Again, context context context. That is fucking hilarious .

Dick Cheney told Patrick Leahy to fuck off on the floor of the senate (context). There was a story going around about gay penguins at a zoo (context). So on the parody White House.org website (context), they wrote an article about what Dick Cheney would have sounded like at the time. Making fun of Dick. Not faggots.

That's comedy, that WhiteHouse.org site is!

The "sissy faggot" part is from a joke speech by President Bush while visiting Great Britain...
    First, I'd like to thank Prince Charles. Not only did he meet us at the airport, but he's also a non-elected pseudo-leader who never had to prove himself to get the world handed to him on a gaudy silver platter. That must be why when I look at him, it's almost like gazing in a mirror – except for the big ears and runny nose and being a total sissy faggot part and all.

Dick Cheney again, and his non-faggot guns

GWB and the fancy-pants faggot-boy... that's what he's callin his dad, at least hehe

mr. ultra conservative, homosexual-hater GWB makin fun of his brother Jeb by saying "Only a faggot would say that"

"The Faggot Problem" being one of several choices people can identify as the nation's leading domestic/social problem in a mock poll on the website, along with choices like "The Baby-Killer Problem" and the S-E-X Problem (GWB can't even say the word "sex" cuz he's such a conservative hehe.

All parody of how homophobic the people who run WhiteHouse.org believe the Bush White House to be. Making fun of GWB by, among other things, giving his satirical personal this extremely open display of homophobia and contempt for homosexuals.

Hilarity.

BDBionic
    I'm looking forward to QueerWatch.org/com/net and ManHater.

I suspect the QueerWatch site will be a joke, parody site about an organization dedicated to looking out for homosexuals trying to corrupt their morals and turn their kids gay and devoted to protecting pious patriots from us evil homosexuals.

And ManHater being similar, except about feminists. Possibly lesbians. But I'd say more likely feminists.

Those should be quite funny, too! Hope they go ahead with building em soon

You don't get it

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

BDBionic
    Oops... I stole the word "faggotry" from a Margaret Cho show. That homophobic bitch. 8)

Oh and one more thing. You say "the words were created to degrade people". Well... that's simply not true. The word was created to mean something entirely unrelated to gay people or anything degrading. A bundle of sticks was what a faggot was originally used to make reference to. And through the development and growth of language, as all languages do, it eventually took on it's disparaging meaning. Would a 15th century Englishman have been insulted had you called him a "faggot"? Probably more confused than anything else. How it became an insult is itself a lesson in the importance of context.

Aaaaaanyways.

here's a buncha whitehouse.org "stories" that have the word "******" in them

Brian you're under no obligation to care about anything and it's evident you have a masochist view towards life and humor.

You don't get the obvious moralistic dilemma you represent by enjoying faggot based humor, and you clearly don't see the parallels between that and being called a faggot on the street, or being laughed at because you're a faggot.

The topic isn't Margaret Cho, a well known, and loved, part of our community poking fun at us. If we can't laugh at ourselves then we have a serious problem.

The place that sexisforfags, and his accompanying sites, comes from is completely different. You know that.

I know you enjoy pissing people off. It's part of you're online persona of being snappy and quick witted, cutting people down, blah blah blah but I really like you better when... eh doesn't matter :francais:

Oh and one more thing. You say "the words were created to degrade people". Well... that's simply not true. The word was created to mean something entirely unrelated to gay people or anything degrading. A bundle of sticks was what a faggot was originally used to make reference to.
    Right substitute the word "created" in my quote with the word "used"

childish

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com