Thread: Why Dont U.S Webmasters Produce Tours Like This?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Dont U.S Webmasters Produce Tours Like This?

http://www.guyfoot.com

Its from some guy over in Russia it looks like.

To me, that style of tour, although its very busy, actually looks rather attractive from a sales and quality point of view.

Any idea why that type of tour hasnt really takn off on the US side of things?

It just seem like those webmasters operating out of the Eastern European Block seem to have a lot more sites with that style of tour than anything else.

Your thoughts as to why that type of style hasnt really taken off in the US marketplace as yet?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    What is it exactly that you're finding so different or unique about it? For me it doesn't look all that different than a lot of stuff I've been seeing.

I'm not being a smart-ass, I'd really like to know because I'm thinking about re-doing my own tours.

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    What is it exactly that you're finding so different or unique about it? For me it doesn't look all that different than a lot of stuff I've been seeing.

I'm not being a smart-ass, I'd really like to know because I'm thinking about re-doing my own tours.

Michael
    The overall 'style' of the tour, not the 'reality' bits of it at the bottom.

Go to the join page and you'll see what i mean a little better, it seems, well im not quite sure how to describe it other than 'busy' and kind of 'transparent' at the same time.

Most sites produced by US based webmasters tend to stick to the same 'blocked' out feel, whereas many of the sites i have seen from the Eastern Block all tend to feel 'messy' but 'organized' at the same time.

It just seems to me that many from places in the world such as Russia, and those places use a completely different style in their design than we do in the US.

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    Lee i'm not sure what exactly you're seeing but from here, it has nothing special... just looks like one of those millions of "reality type" sites.

Yes the layout is wider but that's all i can see that is different

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I don't like the stlye at all, it looks very cookie cutter. I have never seen that site before but I feel like I have seen it 100 times before.

the header is nice, but i've seen a lot like it. the old tour for shockingboys used to have that same style.

SLS
    It IS a great looking tour, but by reading the thread before clicking, I assumed you were talking about a tour style similar to http://www.suicidegirls.com I've been raving about that kind of "truely transparent" tour forever now, but it's not heard of in adult gay sites. Most people say something like that is just too busy, gives the surfer too much credit, and just wouldn't work. I strongly disagree, but oh well.

As far as that tour, it's really nice, but I was dissapointed that they used sepia tones but went with jpg over gif. you can create an awesome colorized look for a "glossy" tour, like this one, using any base color, and that allows you to go with gif over jpg, and save a bunch of loadtime and bandwidth usage. I don't get some designers, they seem to be oblivious to the dialup user percentage and bandwidth usage.

I don't care for the "boxy" tours anymore at all, they just can't show what kind of work the site owners have put into presenting their content in a quality manor, inside the members area. People keep saying it's all about the rebills...maybe a different type of member goes for sites like suicidegirls, but I bet they are also the type who are likely to remain loyal rebillers, instead of joining, downloading all the content, then cancelling.

Surely there is a lesson to be learned from that? I have to be really into something to put tons of work into it, and I can't bring myself to put tons of work into promoting these affiliate programs that keep popping up with dozens of glossy sites, with limited, questionable, sometimes even mirrored content. The mentality seems to be "gather up a bunch of content in a niche, but it behind a glossy tour you bought from a designer, hope you can find enough content that fits to update once in a while, move onto the next niche" How is that fun for anyone?

I really miss the days of it being easy to find sites made by people who were really into their site, and it's content. Now it seems like the majority of webmasters can't see that their glossy sites are boring, maybe it's the huge $ signs blocking their eyes.

Xstr8guy
    Poor Lee. No one agrees with him. And I'll have to just echo what everyone else said... other than the extra-wide format, I don't see anything different at all.

It is a very attractive design though and I do like the edgeless look and the guy's foot hanging over the sample vid is cool. However, at higher resolutions, the bottom tables don't line-up with the splash graphic. And that turns me off big-time.

Camper than a row of tents
    They combined the traditional one screenful tour at the top with the reality style content boxes below it.

I remember when the three button tour first hit adult. The kind that didn't take up an entire screen and had the members, join now and next buttons on all the pages at the bottom. I think that's when the industry really fell into line and designers stopped being individuals.

After that the concept was to stretch the tour vertically in the form of content boxes and the reality style tour was born.

The vast majority use a form of one or the other.
    I post here to whore this sig.

Yoni
    This site has some html problems: the header isn't aligned to the center on firefox and msie. Maybe that's the idea but I don't get it. So it looks out of balance and very uncomfortable for the eyes.

The site is not bright and attractive. Texts can be hardly read. The logo is somehere at the bottom though it should attract a surfer's attention and make him remember the site.

I like the idea with feet using as nav. buttons. They look very fresh and creative.

The left column with nav. links and text is located in the wrong place. It should be moved to the right 'cause a visitor's eyes move from the left to the right. Well if a designer creates a site for those who reads from the right to the left then this idea can be used.

Episode boxes and the join page are ok.

2 Lee: if you think that the idea with a big header and episode boxes is fresh, let me give you some links:
    1. www.bbwtales.com - it has a magzine style tour with episode boxes located below.
    2. www.matureuniform.com - it has the same layout

As you can see those headers are much more bigger than on the guyfoot.com tour. I can hardly call them headers

dalimili
    I would rather ask, why don't all webmasters build sites that would be transparent: so you can se what you get to see inside and not some tours, tours and more tours!

Just put your members content on the outside and make that a default tour. One of the sites that does that is berlinmale.com.

Wouldn't that be more welcoming change than just building fancy tours that say absolutely nothing about what's inside

Yoni
    Quote Originally Posted by dalimili
    I would rather ask, why don't all webmasters build sites that would be transparent: so you can se what you get to see inside and not some tours, tours and more tours!

Just put your members content on the outside and make that a default tour. One of the sites that does that is berlinmale.com.

Wouldn't that be more welcoming change than just building fancy tours that say absolutely nothing about what's inside
    it depends on how a tour is built. If a designer is able to deliver the idea of the site to a visitor and show its content, then it will sell.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    hi there
    it looks like a turn key site to me? also there is way to much hard core, and no one is this country wants to take on the DOJ
    Im on a cable modem, and it loaded real slow.

Ace_Luffy
    it seems a massive comments on that.... hmmm i will read it later then :cry:

Dzinerbear
    Someone's going to get a siggy spanking.