Thread: Sponsors - How Do You Deal With 'Declines' ?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sponsors - How Do You Deal With 'Declines' ?

Just curious about how you guys deal with CC declines for your sites?

I know most of the stuff is handled on the processor side of things but, do you have any method of reporting those declines to an affiliate?

For example, say a surfer tries joining with a stolen card and gets declined, can you report that in our stats anywhere?

What im thinking is, if 'sales' appear down one period, do you bother reporting those declines so an affiliate can actually see that there have been declines or, do you not report them at all and keep that kind of info 'private'?

Id figure, if an affiliate can see they have had declines it would put a little more faith in the program itself.

Regards,

Lee

BoyFun Dave
    Great question Lee,

I know that our stats system allows for the affiliate to view declines and the reason behind them.

Just this past week we had an affilaite report to us that he had 5 declines in a very short period of time. After a quick review it was the same consumer trying to sign up 5 times with a stolen CC.

But back on subject, our merchant system allows for our affilaites to view declines and the reason behind them.

Happysucks
    You would think, as an industry standard, when it comes to your clients and their money, you would offer a full account report.

BoyFun Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Happysucks
    You would think, as an industry standard, when it comes to your clients and their money, you would offer a full account report.

I agree, and we do.

However, to be honest you would be shocked at the amount of people who simply do not care about the details. They would like to know How much traffic they sent, from where, and How many sales it generated. I'll grant them the fact at looking at the merchant reports is not quite as pretty as a slick interface inside a well designed webmaster area that was created with the out of the box affiliate solution of the month, but true improvement can be found in the details.