Thread: Your opinion on Apache 2.0x?

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar

Your opinion on Apache 2.0x?

does anyone here run Apache 2.0x? i have always used Apache 1.3x on all of my servers. i tried Apache 2.0 a few times but it caused a lot of problems for me. PHP/CGI scripts did funky things and the httpd service crashed a lot....but that was a while back.

it caused so much trouble for me that i decided to go back to my old, but reliable Apache 1.3x.

anyone have comments? ideas? maybe i was doing something wrong?

:fire:
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Two of our servers are running 2.x, the rest still running 1.3. I haven't seen any problems with 2.0, and we've got some fairly involved PHP and Perl scripts running on them. If anything, httpd seems more stable on those boxes than on the boxes running the older versions of Apache. I think 2.0 is now the default in RH Enterprise 3, but not sure.

most of our servers are running 2.0, I have never had any issues with it - if anything it seems more stable, speedy and secure than 1.3. Of course, cpanel does not officially recommend it yet, they still claim it is in beta mode.

cheers
    Luke

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    thanks for the info. i think i'm gonna put one of our servers on apache 2.x and see how it goes...
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com