Thread: What Puts You Off From Promoting A New Program..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Puts You Off From Promoting A New Program..

We've had some threads on GWW in the past asking about what makes you promote a new affiliate program but i cant remember having any posted asking what puts you off promoting a new affilite program.

So when you see a new program launch, what ultimately makes you decide NOT to promote it?

Is it a mixture of factors or something simple? Does the type of site they offer for promotion weigh heavily or something else?

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    The biggest reason is time.

The programs that often get my most attention are ones who regularly correspond with me via emails or newsletters.

Also sites that have sent me sample photosets of specific models, I have successfully used those to build my own custom pages and funnels them to the affiliate. Bedfellow did this and it has worked for me.

Steve

Paco
    There are many variables (some fair, some not):

- Does the sponsor have a bad reputation with web masters whose opinions I value or respect?

- Does the program offer a big dick, straight & gay, site (not to be confused with interracial) ?

- (Regarding sponsors promoting on boards) Is the actual program being promoted or is the person or persona that is being promoted? (I do not join or promote simply because some wannabe industry celebrity says it is "good", rather I run from such.)

- Do the sites have a proper tour (more than one page) &/or give demos (pics & or vids) ?

- Does the program use certain billing services, which I am leery of, to process transactions?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    - (Regarding sponsors promoting on boards) Is the actual program being promoted or is the person or persona that is being promoted? (I do not join or promote simply because some wannabe industry celebrity says it is "good", rather I run from such.)
    Thats actually something i look out for with new programs too ESPECIALLY if the person doing the program works for the program, if they are being paid to promote the program, thats what they should be doing, not promoting themselves or, their friends!

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats actually something i look out for with new programs too ESPECIALLY if the person doing the program works for the program, if they are being paid to promote the program, thats what they should be doing, not promotin themselves or, their friends!
    Regards,
    Lee
    I work for Large Cash (Zenon Communications Corp.) but you will rarely see me push our products, or use marketing material on boards, unless it is within the proper 'zone' ... being one where spam is suppose to be. I do not believe in marketing 24/7.

(That is why I love the Firefox extension AdBlock, as well a well-designed board that offers the ability to remove sigs and banners.)