Thread: SEO Contest Review From The Last Week + SEO Info

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought SEO Contest Review From The Last Week + SEO Info

Google Results:

21st - 45
    22nd - 89
    23rd - 103
    24th - 102
    25th - Missed
    26th - 274
    27th - 274

Yahoo Results:

21st - 5
    22nd - 7
    23rd - 28
    24th - 92
    25th - Missed
    26th - 233
    27th - 250

MSN Results:

21st - 6
    22nd - 6
    23rd - 9
    24th - 9
    25th - Missed
    26th - 9
    27th - 400

AOL Results:

21st - 11
    22nd - 14
    23rd - 15
    24th - 16
    25th - Missed
    26th - 24
    27th - 24

Okay looking at the results over the last 7 days there are already some interesting figures for those of us who are new to playing the search engines.

The first thing that strikes me is that it would appear, at first glance, that registering a new domain, really doesnt have much of an immediate impact as to whether or not you site will be listed in all four of the main SE's webmasters should be targeting to get traffic. This is especially important to note so far as Google, undoubtedly the largest SE goes. Many people have been saying that their Sandbox effects newly registered domains from being ranked and yet, from our contest, it appears that new domains are being listed just as quickly as domains with content that have been around for a while.

The second thing that strikes me as interesting is to see the 'type' of site that is listed on all of the 4 engines we've been watching, it seems, that 'spam' heavy pages, do still appear to be able to get top listings relatively quickly (less than 48 hours for the spam pages to be listed).

Finally, the other thing that struck me from watching these results is how far behind Google and Yahoo, MSN and AOL actually are with their crawl data with the exception of todays results. This leads me to beleive that Yahoo and Google should be the engines that we need to be primarily interested in out of the top 4.

As a side note, its also worth mentioning that out of the possible JeeDubDub Top Level Domains (TLD's) available to register on the morning of the 18th (.com, .co.uk, ltd.uk, me.uk, .net, .info, .biz, .org, .org.uk) only 3 of them havent been registered as yet, the reason being, i would imagine, that you need to have a presence in the UK to register a .me.uk and a ltd.uk domain name. On the same topic, it also appears that only the .org and the .com domains are presently showing in the SERP's possibly indicating that the other TLD's might not be indexed as quickly as those domain extensions are.

Have any of you folks who play the SE's noticed anything worth mentoning about how the results are showing for you or, do you have anything additional to add to my comments above?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Just one side note regarding the sandbox. The so called effect is not necessarily an immediate one. Many new domains do get listed but then disappear after a few days to weeks, depending on which SE expert you talk to. So I am going to be interested to see if those same new domains remain in the hunt next month...

just an observation :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Just one side note regarding the sandbox. The so called effect is not necessarily an immediate one. Many new domains do get listed but then disappear after a few days to weeks, depending on which SE expert you talk to. So I am going to be interested to see if those same new domains remain in the hunt next month...

just an observation :coffee:
    True Ian.

Its also going to be interesting to see how those sites that are linking to each are going to fair with their rankings over those sites that have no out-bound links to.

From what i recall, that plays an important roll in Googles algorythms to.

Regards,

Lee