Thread: So Is The Acacia Fight Still Going On?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So Is The Acacia Fight Still Going On?

What about the 2257 fight?

Yet again, it seems that now all the funds have been collected, we are being left in the dark again about whats happening.

Does anyone have any 'recent' (within the last 10 days) news about whats happening with either Acacia or the 2257 stuff?

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    There was a recent federal court ruling [sorry fact finders, it is near my bedtime and I dont have the case site] that requires a court to look beyond just the dictionary definitions when determining if there was patent infringement--the court must look to the language in the patent itself.
    OK< this probably means very little at first glance but this ruling is a body blow to Acacia's case. It makes claiming patent infringement by wackos like Acacia extraordinarily difficult. So, YEAH for our team, even though it wasn't a win by our team--kind of like in baseball when the right team wins and the right team loses, your team moves up in the standings without playing a game.

As far as 2257, I have heard nothing at all and I keep my ear to the ground. The judge is under no time limit to rule on the application for injunction. The private agreement is kind of pointless since the DOJ Still is not conducting any inspections. The Attorney General has not yet even appointed anybody to inspect records, and until he makes that appointment only he himself Alberto Gonzales in person can conduct an inspection. And I dont think he will do that any time soon.

A more dangerous attack is a bill that passed through the US House of Representatives that would require secondary producers to keep 2257 records--if that bill passes, the Colorado case would be moot. Shot down. Sucky for us. It would also require damn near every piece of skin to have 2257 documentation and labels--even R rated movies. Hopefully that bill will die a silent death.

Izzat what you were looking for Lee??

Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

basement
    Thanks for the update Chad.