Thread: E-mail that I received today

BDBionic

E-mail that I received today

Subject: Michael Jackson For State Senate

Dear Mr. Dunlap,

The Republican Party needs a good organization to starting winning elections in order to promote Family Values. That is why I am recommending the following people for the Republican Central Committee.

I believe they have the people's best interest at heart and will do the work necessary to build the Republican Party!

Gail Curtis
    James J. Crean
    Barbara Ferraro
    Edward A. Barwick
    John M. Bennett
    Michele L. Morris
    Michael A. Jackson

Yours in service to California,

Michael A. Jackson
    www.VoteMJ.com

Suffice to say it took me awhile to realize it wasn't a joke e-mail and was actually serious. Poor guy... running on a "family values" platform with a name like "Michael Jackson"

desslock
    Hehe that's funny. Of course that's in California. That actually is not uncommon - people often play loose with their real names in order to run a vanity election campaign.

Here in Texas, on occasion, guys with the name Sam will go file as
    Sam "Houston" WhateverLastName.

In fact down in South Texas this year, there's some guy on the ballot with the name Alexander Hamilton.

He's hispanic, so his name is Alex... or Alexander, and he's "taken" the name Hamilton. That's a congressional race too, which means he ponied up $1000 to file. Good grief. More evidence that there are plenty of people around with too much money, and too much time

Steve

BDBionic
    he is aware that Alexander Hamilton was shot dead in a duel by a rival politician, right? hehe

desslock
    or the fact that Alexander Hamilton was gay.....

he was a real dandy -- :posh:

BDBionic
    was he really? that I'd not heard. haha