Thread: Woo Hoo Movin On Up

desslock

Good Shit Woo Hoo Movin On Up

Woo hoo! Just checked iBill, and today I had my 24th new registration to FalconStudios.com!

So I'll now enjoy a 40% commission on my referrals, vs. 30%

:groovy: :groovy: :groovy:

We like that

Steve

BDBionic
    Curious how long that took...?

I don't see myself promoting Falcon anytime soon.
    That they start you off at 30% and make you work your way up to what with everyone else is pretty much the minimum industry payout standard seems a bit... pffffffft to me.
    If they started you at 30%, then to 50%, then to 70% maybe.
    Or from 40-50-60. Or anything above 50%, really.

It's like they sat around and said "Well we're Falcon so we can get away with doing less because we have the Falcon name."

kinda like what they do with their movies :-X

I'll gladly take 60% off of rinky-dink no-name website that still converts over 30% off of Falcon.

desslock
    Hi Bionic:

Your instincts are pretty much correct on Falcon. There's a lot about their program I *really* wish they'd fix ----

(like you get no credit when your referrals go an rent a movie on their site pay-per-view *cough* *cough*)

Their tiered commission structure probably does turn away a lot of potential promoters. However, Amazon.Com's affiliate program has made a significant move to tiers and bonuses over the past year, and it's worked for me.

For my site, Falcon's content is very relevant, and I also figure that I'll never make any money at all if I'm not a pleya'

I signed up with Falcon on December 1, 2003 - so that took three months to hit the 40% bracket..

Steve

BDBionic
    That's a total bummer on the no upsell credit. That sucks, really. Afterall, that's your sale! Everyone else gives you credit for it... I send someone to join GayStreams and they become a member and I make money off of them indefinitely. They can not set foot on another one of my sites ever again and I'm still making money off of every sale of theirs.

I hear ya about the content aspect. Sometimes you gotta have a sponsor there just so that they're represented on your site and not so much because you're pinning all your $$ hopes on em.

I've got no problem with tiered payout scales. It's totally a great system. I just think Falcon is going about it all wrong. Their tiers are there to get you to 50% whereas everyone else uses the tiers to get you above 50%.
    Getting to the base industry payout percentage hardly seems like much of an incentive for me. =\

One of my sponsors - BoyFunk.com - starts you off at 40%. But after a certain dollar level in referral sales, you get bumped up to 50%. And keep doing well with em and you're at 60%. So I am fine with that 40% start off point because I can eventually hit 60%. And it took me like a month to go from 40 to 50, if even.

But I'm probably preaching to the choir hehe I'm sure you're all more aware of the shortcoming's of Falcon's affiliate program than I am.
    It's not that I'm expecting more from them... it's just that I'd at least expect basic industry minimums, ya know?
    *shrugs*

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know i would happily push Falcons affiliate program however the last 5 times i have applied they never bothered getting back to me :boom:

Ah well there are other sponsors im going to have to use instead despite the huge amount of Falcon Studios traffic we get from the search engines LOL

Regards,

Lee