Thread: VOIP Service for business

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

VOIP Service for business

has anyone tried VOIP (voice over IP) for their personal or business?

any feedback?

we just signed up for it today with 3 primary lines, a fax line, a toll free line, and all lines hunt for an open line when the customer calls in.

it's on the way to be setup.... so far our interaction with the company has been exceptional. Very informative sales call (over 1.5 hours of questions from me), very good follow up emails, activation a cinch....shipment notification now that the box has gone out by courier to us..

and i'm excited by all the features.. emailable voice mails?

local phone numbers when i am travelling around the world?

We are moving on November 1 to bigger offices in a different city and I get to keep all my numbers.....forever.!!!!

anyone have any experience here on this?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We have Lingo as a secondary carrier, we've been pretty happy with it. Only thing I'd say is keep an eye on how it affects your other Internet traffic if you do a lot of uploads and downloads... if you have multiple lines, Lingo at least can be a bandwidth hog, particularly on the outbound traffic, which tends to be a lower cap unless you have a symmetrical line.

Also, I keep a landline as a backup because Comcast isnt' 100% reliable. The good news is that Lingo can seamlessly forward on no answer to the landline, so even if the net connection goes down, the call still routes.

Corey Bryant
    We have Vonage at home and have only actually paid for about one month so far. They have a great referral plan

One of my employees in Romania - we got him Voice Pulse and it is also very good.

Every so often, we might get an echo but I remember actually using it back in 1995 and I will say it has improved very good.