Thread: fuck - 33% of females murdered are killed by bf's/husbands

fuck - 33% of females murdered are killed by bf's/husbands

fuck, i knew it was bad, but i didn't know it was THIS bad.

"Domestic violence is one of the greatest dangers to a woman's life in the United States. Homicide is the tenth leading cause of death for women under 65. According to the Department of Justice, about 33% of female murders, but just 4% of male murders, are committed by an intimate partner (current or former spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend). During the year 2000, intimate partners killed 1,247 women. It is important to note that these numbers reflect only the murders that have been solved. Some women's killers, like Chandra Levy's or Laci Peterson's, may never be convicted or even found."

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/050203timeline.html

And these are only the U.S. stats! Could you imagine the stats in muslim countries where a man has multiple wives and can commit an honor killing against her for little reason and not be punished!

This reminds me of the civil rights days when women, racial minorities, and homosexuals banned together for equality... only thing is after women and blacks got their equality.. Gays were on their own and remain the last socially acceptable minority to discriminate against.

None of this takes away from the millions of women worldwide that are bought and sold like cattle ... and are in reality, lifelong slaves to their men.

It's 2 am here.. I'm heading to bed.. was looking for world statistics but couldn't find any... OBVIOUSLY they are higher then in the U.S. ... a sad thing indeed

squirt - i love ya, dude, but what makes you think women have equality? look at those stats. 1 out of 10 women are killed by their intimate partners, and in women up to 34, murder by intimate partners is the second cause of deaths.

33% of women murdered are killed by intimate partners, and 4% of men.

of all the companies arie worked for, he's worked with 1 black man and 1 woman programmer - ever. they don't hire them. so much for equality

desslock
    Well what are you interpreting from those statistics?

Consider this statistic: Oklahoma City has a median temperature of 78 degrees. What do you gleen from that? That OKC is a mild and pleasant town?

Because in actuality the only time the thermometer is on 78 is when it is rising up to 100 in the Summer, or down to 40 in the Winter.

One of the most common mistakes today is taking statistical data and misapplying them into economic or social contexts.

Studies show that whites are turned down for loans more often then Asian-Americans. Are therefore whites suffering discrimination? Be careful not to draw inaccurate conclusions from your data.

Steve