Thread: Visa USA vs. Visa EU? Benefits Of Each?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Visa USA vs. Visa EU? Benefits Of Each?

For the processors we have on the community..

What are the benefits of opting to go with either EU or USA processing for Visa?

I presume there must be benefits to both including the not having to pay $750 a year if we go with an EU solution.

Do the acceptable chargeback percentages change between the two different zones also?

Any help you guys could offer on this would be appreciated

Regards,

Lee

Doc Douglas
    Lee,

Please allow me to answer your questions with regard to USA/EU processing and Visa:

1. The plus and minuses of processing with a European entity through CCBill is that there is no $750 registration fee for Visa at the moment like in the USA. However, the EU banks are a little more expensive so you must pay a 1.5% higher transaction fee on the account. I would imagine that if you process a large number of transactions that you will pay more in the long run for the European account because of the 1.5% rate increase. If you are a smaller account, with a small number of joins then it may be a benefit in the long run to be in the EU.

2. As for the chargeback percentages, There really is no difference with CCBill. We would like all accounts to be under 1% in chargebacks wether in the USA or the EU. The benefit of using CCBill is that we do not pass over any bank fees for chargebacks and refunds to you. This can save a company in overall costs if you break the numbers down.

Lee, I hope that answers your questions and feel free to email me should you have any other concerns and I will be happy to oblige.

Best regards,

Doug/CCBill/Cavecreek/DRMnetworks
    doug@ccbill.com

Hey Doug!

That was what i was after thank you :thumbsup:

Hows life treating you? Havent seen you since Phoenix about 3 years ago :eek:

Regards,

Lee

Doc Douglas
    Lee,

Everything is great, and yes it has been a while. I still attend all of the shows and have been staying busy here at CCBill.... not sure how I keep missing you. Overall, everything is great...... what about you? how is everything running these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Douglas
    Lee,

Everything is great, and yes it has been a while. I still attend all of the shows and have been staying busy here at CCBill.... not sure how I keep missing you. Overall, everything is great...... what about you? how is everything running these days?
    Thinks are good thanks for asking

Busy as hell, sometimes its a good thing, sometimes bad, depends on whats keeping me busy

Glad to see you posting here hopefully we'll see a bit more of you around these parts :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can catch up in person during next years Phoenix Forum

Regards,

Lee

Doc Douglas
    I will make an effort to try and post more often here :-) I get caught up with work so often that I spend little time on the boards, but I must remember to get out and post because there are a lot of good questions being asked like yours. Let's plan on catching up either in Vegas or at the Phoenix Forum :-)

Let's plan on catching up either in Vegas or at the Phoenix Forum :-)
    Sounds like a plan to me :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Alex Xe
    CCbill USA work better for me.

We would like all accounts to be under 1% in chargebacks wether in the USA or the EU.
    What period if time is the chargeback perentage calculated? Also, is it calculated by percentage of sales dollars or number of transactions?

I ask because when we get the occasional chargeback, it sometimes throws our percentage off for the day, week, or even for the month. Thankfully we have always stayed well under 1% annually.

Doc Douglas
    Seth,

Great question! The period of time is the calendar month (1st through the last day). Your cb % is based on transaction count, however, Visa can also use the dollar amount if the decide to...... but right now, it is transaction count.

You are only at risk by Visa if you have over 100 Visa cb's in a month and are over 1% in chargebacks by transaction count at the same time. If you are not hitting these two levels together you are not at risk to be pulled out by Visa.

I hope that helps :extat:

Regards,

Doug

You are only at risk by Visa if you have over 100 Visa cb's in a month and are over 1% in chargebacks by transaction count at the same time. If you are not hitting these two levels together you are not at risk to be pulled out by Visa.
    Interesting, i always thought it was EITHER 100 cb's or 1% in a month.

Regards,

Lee

Doc Douglas
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Interesting, i always thought it was EITHER 100 cb's or 1% in a month.

Regards,

Lee
    Lee, you need to have both which makes it easier for certain :extat:

Regards,

Doug