Thread: Custodian of Records

Happysucks

Custodian of Records

I have been looking at the 2257 compliant links on many sites and from everything I see, it looks like there are three (3) main trends for publishing this information.

John Doe
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

ABC Company
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

John Doe
    ABC Company
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

What is the correct way to list this information?

If you have an incorporated or LLC Company and have an office space where your records are housed, do you list the company as the custodian? Or do you still need to list a person as the contact/custodian?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Happysucks
    I have been looking at the 2257 compliant links on many sites and from everything I see, it looks like there are three (3) main trends for publishing this information.

John Doe
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

ABC Company
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

John Doe
    ABC Company
    123 Any Street
    Suite 12345
    Any Town, USA 55555
    (555)555-5555

What is the correct way to list this information?

If you have an incorporated or LLC Company and have an office space where your records are housed, do you list the company as the custodian? Or do you still need to list a person as the contact/custodian?
    This isn't the exact language of the regulations, but 2257 requires that an *individual* be named as the actual custodian, and that the COR address be the *actual place* where the majority of business is conducted. So you can't just use a company name, and you can't just use a mailbox rental place (or your attorney's office) as your COR, because those are not the primary places where you do business. If you have an office where you work 20+ hours a week, that can be your COR address. Otherwise, it would be your home address. At least that's my understanding, subject to change/interpretation by anybody else.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Here is ours, as a good example:

Custodian of Records is
    Eon Films, LLC
    Gerald R. Brown
    311 4th Avenue, STE 515
    San Diego, CA. 92101

Hours of Operation:
    Sunday through Thursday: 8pm-10pm, PST
    Friday & Saturday: 2pm-12am, PST
    Contact phone number: 619-885-1013

Putting a phone number and company name isn't necessary, but we do it because that address is listed as Eon Films. We put the phone number down in case we are out to lunch when someone comes for a raid.
    That way we can be there in a matter of minutes.

Rocky

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoi_Rocky
    We put the phone number down in case we are out to lunch when someone comes for a raid.
    That way we can be there in a matter of minutes.

Rocky
    LOL it sounds like you are expecting company for the weekend with this part of your statement! "in case we are out to lunch when someone comes for a raid"

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    LOL it sounds like you are expecting company for the weekend with this part of your statement! "in case we are out to lunch when someone comes for a raid"

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

HAHA! You never can be too careful!

My building has a code, though. Anybody has to dial me from the keypad in order to get in.

:-)

Rocky