Thread: Basic Web Banner

Happysucks

Basic Web Banner

I put this here because it seems images are turned off in the Graphics section.

Open Photoshop and select new

You can do one of two things here. A: Select the web banner preset or input the custom web banner size of 480x60 at 72dpi, white background.

Fill the Background with a color of your choice. I picked red for the tutorial.

On the Layer menu, click the create new set icon

Open an image of your choice. One with texture such as clouds or drain grates. Here I used part of a palm.

Click and Drag your Texture image over to your banner window. This will create a new layer in your new set folder.

Highlight the new layer. In your Layer window, select multiply in the layer effects tab.

The effect will make the texture image semi transparent over your background.

Next, Click file > New. Make the new image 4x4 72dpi, transparent background.

Use the Magnification glass from your tools window to zoom in so you can see per pixel.
    You can do any pattern you wish. I used four (4) blocks for this tutorial.

After you have a pattern you like, Press CTRL and A at the same time. This will select the whole image. Next, Go to Edit > Define Pattern. Name your pattern to what ever you wish.

Go back to your web banner window and make a new layer.

With your new layer selected, Go to Edit > Fill. Under Contents, select Pattern. Drop down the custom patterns tab and find your pattern fill. Press ok.

Your image should now look like this:

--

I hope this is of use and I'll work on a follow up for trendy borders, text and animation of a web banner.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Craig,

Im gonna fix that image problem on the graphic forum and shuffle this thread on over to that section of GWW for you

Regards,

Lee