Thread: Content produced out of the USA - which ID is 2257 legal?

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Content produced out of the USA - which ID is 2257 legal?

In the past (prior to the New 2257 regs) we have shot content in several locations around Central and South America. I know that initially it was not going to be allowed anymore for an American producer to shoot foreign models out of the USA. I have read that was modified to allow us to shoot out of the USA BUT I am unclear on the form of ID that is acceptable (if this is even known at the point). I read this on the avnonline.com site:

"Domestic producers who travel outside the United States to record images of sexually explicit conduct may rely on foreign government issued passports."

http://www.avnonline.com/index.php?P...tent_ID=236344

My question(s) are/is does anyone know for sure if this is correct AND is a passport the ONLY form of government issued ID that is acceptable. The trouble is that the vast majority of models we shoot do not travel and do not have a passport (sort of a luxuary in the 3rd world) BUT everyone has a government issued standard ID card that shows picture, date issued, and birthday and that is what we have always used in the past (as have all producers of content in those sections of the world).

Any comments would be most welcome!!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

as far as i know, none of what has been told to the fsc is solid till it's down in writing and signed. for the moment some of this stuff is up in the air.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I echo Patti's comments, I don't think anyone can say anything definitive until the ruling actually comes out.

My understanding of the regs as they currently stand is that passports are the only non-US docs permitted for identification. This is apparently because they are easier to verify (contact a single country instead of dozens of states or provinces within the country), though as we've seen from the Mike18 debacle, passports are far from foolproof.

Also, the exact same passport that is a valid form of ID if you are on foreign soil when you do the shoot is NOT valid ID if that model is in the US. Then, the only valid form of ID is a work visa. Why an ID is valid under one circumstance but not another is beyond me. It's not like 2257 is supposed to be an immigration control law.