Thread: SEO on your sites

SEO on your sites

How many people take the time to do seo work on your sites and asides from monitoring your traffic stats, do you use any other tools to check your seo work and rankings?

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We do all sorts of SEO related stuff, some of it works, some of it doesnt, the secret is to never stop trying hehe.

Im not just talking about meta tags either, there are so many ways to optimize a site for a specific search phrase its unreal

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Study your stats. Comb through Google on where your pages are at, and figure out how your competitor's are higher. Use the Google toolbar. I check backlinks all the time. Do that and try not to navel gaze at whatever your pagerank is.

Steve

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Oh joy, SEO is such fun... NOT! :frown:

It is a constant on going process for me, involving checking the title tag, h1 tags, and supporting paragraphs and h2 tags on each page, trying to use page names and anchor text and then of course the biggie right now, link trades that are either relevent or one way trades.

In addition it is something to constantly keep in focus while laying out a site, its pages, even its updates. Whole lot easier, imho, to do while building instead of sticking it in later.

Also getting a Google API has helped, as its easier to check the rankings in the SERPS for various keywords. Using Digital Point makes it easy to track in G, Y, & Msn.

Oh for the good old days..:cry:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    If ONLY I knew about SEO when I started. I began serious SEO work a couple months ago and it's just starting to kick in. You definitely need patience.

Mancheck Michael mentioned it in another thread, but Good Keywords (goodkeywords.com) is a nice tool to help pick... well, good keywords to optimize for.

I haven't tried the full paid version yet, but the free version of WebCEO is good for general optimization. It'll let you know if there are any mistakes or omissions, as well as give you some tips to improve the page. The free one won't get you ranked to #1, though. I don't know how well it works in full.

I really want to get into SEO, these tips and links are awesome. I am checking those sites out right now.

cheers,
    Luke