Thread: Is Anyone Still Using The Yahoo Submit Service For $600?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Is Anyone Still Using The Yahoo Submit Service For $600?

Just wondered if anyone on GWW is still bothering with the $600 Yahoo directory submission service?

I know we're not and we are getting some steady traffic from Yahoo anyway, was just wondering if you are doing, are you noticing any significant benefit by doing so?

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    Thats for the engine, the directory is still $600 per site, per year.

https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/reference/cost

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    One of our sites, wehovideo.com just renewed with yahoo and we were billed the $600 for another year. Crazy that they bill this when the directory traffic is nominal at best these days and the majority is by PPC. i contemplated not renewing, but second guessed myself as to the weight of the importance of a Yahoo.com link pointing to our website and let it renew again.....

desslock
    Two of my websites are in the Yahoo directory. One was before they started charging. The second one was added in the past year, which came as a nice surprise. I had no idea, I just noticed the clickthroughs in my stats. I've never paid.

Those used to noticably help your Google PR and placement too.... but I cannot say that the latest algorithim Google uses incorporates that anymore. Paying $600 is a lot for a listing.... I would make a list and think hard about making it a priority.

Steve

Xstr8guy
    Yahoo randomly adds some of my older AVS sites to it's directory. And it seems to help google PR. I get a little traffic from those listings but I could never fathom paying $600 for a listing.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I don't think it is worth it anymore. If they actually defaulted to their directory pages then yes it would be but they don't.

BTW Tombarr, we actually declined the renewal a couple years ago on one of our sites and our listing is still in there, . Hopefully you will get lucky too.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I don't think it is worth it anymore. If they actually defaulted to their directory pages then yes it would be but they don't.

BTW Tombarr, we actually declined the renewal a couple years ago on one of our sites and our listing is still in there, . Hopefully you will get lucky too.

Mark
    Hi Mark

I think next year we are going to do that too. Can't very well do a chargeback at this time... Might totally piss them off and they may remove all of my sites...

Xstr8guy
    Haha Tom! I don't think Yahoo is as vindictive as Google. Lol. I'd ask for a refund... and then you can send me half if they don't retaliate.