Thread: JeeDubDub SEO Contest Results - Round 1 Winner

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah JeeDubDub SEO Contest Results - Round 1 Winner

Congratulations to Ethanmasters for winning the first round in the 'JeeDubDub' SEO contest with this listing:

http://jeedubdub.vision2media.net/

Which is actually the 14th result showing up in Google however it is the first result to have a GWW button and link code in place in the SERP's as per the contest rules.

You win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate for being our first round winner :thumbsup:

Everyone else, dont forget, you can still win one of the following prizes:

Winner on the 18th November - External USB HD.
    Winner on the 18th December - iPod Nano.

Check out the official contest rules thread at the following URL to find out how you can win one of the remaining 2 prizes:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=12410

Congratulations again to Ethanmasters on his win and good luck to everyone for the contests round two winner which will be announced on the 18th November 2005.

Regards,

Lee

Nysus
    That's BS Lee. You said you'd check on the 18th who the winner is, not specifically NEAR MIDNIGHT of the 17th; that's a little deceiving.

I have logs of me messaging you I'm just about to upload because you wouldn't have checked yet and Alleybucks removed his from his site too.

You're either purposefully being deceptive or there's a conflict in the rules stated.

Matt
    Last edited by Nysus; 10-18-2005 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Censoring my cussing...

Nysus
    "The competition is judged at three different stages and prizes will be awarded to the person who has the #1 listing on the 18th October, 18th November and, the 18th December."

ON THE 18th, if I have the #1 listing on the 18th and I have the rules being followed, then technically I should win. rules such as placing the banner code linked to referral link to the board.

I'd love to see what the Google.com results came out to you like too.

Matt

JustMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nysus
    and Alleybucks removed his from his site too.
    HAhaha thanks, but keep me out of this. I had no intention of trying to win, we've just been enjoying all of the free webmaster traffic that we've gotten from having the domain :honest:

Hey, if nothing else, I'm honest.

Nysus
    There. The buton and link is likely on the index page of the #1 position and it is still October 18th; therefore the winner isn't the 14th position (16th to me), as it's still October 18th and there is a button like the rules state that needs to be there on October 18th; I'd be a lawyer as one major if I could handle the education system..

Or, if you give a list of what output you see [though I believe Google is going through a shuffle at the moment as the results did just change, and could change more throughout the day(s)] then the #1 position person can put their link, it's the only logical and fair way if you're following the rules.

Hope you don't / aren't going to hate me for this Lee; I already had enough stupid drama at GFY, which is why I might sell everything off and get out of this business or at least somehow not interact with anyone outside my own operations; that'll be a fun brainstorm which is already done, anyways.

Matt

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Nysus,

I appreciate your concern about the judging of the contest however, today is the 18th and as i have done the past few weeks as the results for the search term have been posted, i posted them as soon as i could get to them.

The rules were also quite clear, ON the 18th the button and linking code had to be in place, prior to the contest being judged, you do have the #1 position yes however, at the time of myself checking the results, you and the other 13 pages in front of the winners listing didnt have the required graphic and linking code in place.

You knew the contest was going to be judged on the 18th, why didnt you put the button and link in place on the 17th as i noticed a few others did?

Also, in respect of you having ICQ'd me, i honestly wouldnt know, it hasnt been turned on since around 5pm this evening as ive been busy with other things. Ill turn it on when i get up and we can talk in private about this however, as it stands right now, the contest winner for round 1 stands.

Now that you know you have the #1 listing for JeeDubDub in Google, leave the page alone, chances are, more than not, if you have been #1 for this many weeks, you'll remain there for rounds 2 and 3, just make sure, in case you are, that your button and link stays on the page

In addition to your comments about me being 'purposefully being deceptive' i can assure that isnt the case, neither is there a conflict in the contest rules, they have been, and continue to be the same today as they were last month and, as they are listed on your site ranked #1.

As for hating you for your comments, not at all, only by discussing things can we get them resolved as, hopefully we have done in this instance

Im heading to bed so lets continue this discussion on ICQ sometime tomorrow afternoon when i get up

Regards,

Lee

JustMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Im heading to bed so lets continue this discussion on ICQ sometime tomorrow afternoon when i get up
    Are you OK Lee? It's only 2:10am? You're supposed to be a demon of darkness like me and not go to bed until at least 6am......

As for whether Lee was being "deceptive". I honestly don't think he'd "pick" someone that's only posted on his forum 13 times (aka ethanmasters) as a winner, had he decided to "rig" things.

Nysus
    "... prior to the contest being judged ... "

You mentioned 'ON' the 18th, this is still ON the 18th; so it was a flaw in the rules, which should have be specified. It still is ON the 18th, you never specified a time, that's a flaw for one, nor "BEFORE the 18th", which would mean you'd need to state 11:59 PM on September 11th, to make it before the 18th, which you were suggesting I do, place the link before.

You know that's complete bullshit, it's the contest wording which can be interpreted in different ways, and you're ignoring everything I've said, and basing it solely on your own view of things; if you knew I had #1 ranking then why didn't ya let me know then eh?

Just seems like you couldn't be bothered to let 1 person know, whoever was in #1 place [assuming you knew who it was, which you did] to cause drama and stir shit up.

I seriously think you need to re-realize the different interpretation of the rules, and realize "on the 18th" DOESN'T MEAN "before the 18th" as you've suggested, or 1-2 hours into the 18th.

Think about it.

Matt

damn - it's a $50 gift certificate. why is it that big a deal? lee picked the winner on the 18th... if you wanted to know WHEN on the 18th, you could have asked, but i've seen contests end as one day turns to another.

Paco
    Congrats to you Ethanmasters.

As far as I am concerned, the rules were/are more than clear.