Thread: Google Adwords budget optimizer

Xstr8guy

Google Adwords budget optimizer

Does anyone have experience with Adwords budget optimizer? I just activated it for 5 different campaigns to see if it helps clicks/sales.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I haven't seen an appreciable ROI with that option enabled. It made spending more predictable, but adjusted CPCs a little higher than I'm comfortable with. (I don't like to spend more than 5 or 6 cents a click if I can avoid it).

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I agree with what Mike said Jim, we've run several large campaigns through Adwords this year and, all we found was their budget tool ended up costing us more money per period than the exact same campaign did which we didnt use that tool on LOL

Dont forget, the more you pay per click, the more money Google makes and, as they set their standard pricing for adult related ads at around the $50-$100 dollar mark when its really not needed to be, that makes me a little nervous about using their accounting tools especially given my past experience with them.

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Hehe, I burned through $170 in a little over 24 hours using that fucking budget optimizer. NEVER AGAIN!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Hehe, I burned through $170 in a little over 24 hours using that fucking budget optimizer. NEVER AGAIN!
    Did you make at least $170 in sales though, if you did, you did well

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Did you make at least $170 in sales though, if you did, you did well

Regards,

Lee
    I did $150 in sales... but I should do alright with rebills. The funny thing is I usually do much better on a smaller budget. But a sponsor was having a double payout on new joins so I thought I would throw caution to the wind.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Have either of you found that a better ad position actually results in better ROI?

As I mentioned I don't like to pay a lot per click if I can avoid it. As a result my average position tends to be between 3 and 6 rather than gunning for the top spot (more click volume vs. premium placement). I've always thought that better placement doesn't necessarily mean better customer, so why pay a premium. Or am I wrong?

for me, the top spot sent me more hits but less sales. spot 3 is a darned good spot imo.

Xstr8guy
    Ah, hotmalevideos! You are google competition for me! Lol.

Top spot on the page seems to be a waste. My ads are better off on the right side... somewhere in the middle.