Thread: payment systems...let me pick your brain

cyber-stud

payment systems...let me pick your brain

i was just wondering:

first question: why do some sites offer multiple payment systems (ibill,ccbill,verotel,etc) at the same time?

second question: are there turnkey pay-per-minute payment systems that work in the states? i know there are 900 pay-per-minute dialers for europe, for example

thx 4 ur time. :thumbsup:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber-stud
    i was just wondering:

first question: why do some sites offer multiple payment systems (ibill,ccbill,verotel,etc) at the same time?
    Because different IPSPs (CCbill, Paycom, Verotel) have different "scrubbing" for fraud, and someone who may not be eligible with one provider may get through with another. People that do cascading billing report about 20-30% increase in sales through fewer denied transactions. BUT you have to pay the $750 Visa fee (if in the US) for each IPSP that accepts Visa.

second question: are there turnkey pay-per-minute payment systems that work in the states? i know there are 900 pay-per-minute dialers for europe, for example
    If you're doing pay-per-minute video, one very simple thing is to do AEBN.com or hotmovies.com or doggonevideo.com. There are dialers, but very few people in US use them, and I think they're falling out of favor in Europe as well. CCBill (and perhaps others) offer 900 billing, but it's very slow pay -- 90-120 days isn't uncommon -- and it's paid on collected funds, so it's nowhere near as secure as credit card or checks, which have a pretty low return/chargeback rate.

thx 4 ur time. :thumbsup:

gayboy29
    Some people use more than one if they are 'in transition' and don't want to fully depend on the new one yet; or perhaps they have found their primary provider's uptime to be a problem, - having two means one probably is always available. But I think the biggest reason was already expressed, that it allows the customer more chances to pass.