Thread: Common Sense...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Post Common Sense...

Okay for the last couple of days ive been procrastinating like crazy on a couple of new projects i'm putting together, that being said...

1. Dont keep saying..

'I really need to...' and never get around to it LOL Ive been needing to categorize some new content for a few weeks now however, it was only yesterday when i actually got around to doing it. The really fucked up thing... I built a simple site last night for one of the niches where i categorized this new content, checked my stats this morning and have already made a sale, if i had done this when i first needed to, who knows how much i woulda made by now

2. Do it yourself.

If you wait on someone else to get thing done, chances are, its going to take you a lot longer to get done than if you had got whatever you wanted yourself in the first place. Sometimes, just because it may seem easier to ask someone else to do something, it might actually be a lot harder in reality LOL

3. Watch your server.

If you dont have a server based stats package in place at the moment, get one, the past couple of days ive been doing some work on our servers. I found out the other day that we have a great #1 listing for some really specific search terms which is pulling in sales, by looking at that site, seeing how i laid my marketing out on it, its going to give me an idea of how i should lay out my next few sites, if something is working well for you, duplicate it as quickly as possible!

4. Grunt work.

Just because something is boring and tedious, thats no reason not to do it (see #1 above ) never forget its the basic, boring, tedious stuff that sets the groundwork for those new ideas we have. Get the boring shit out of the way as quickly as possible, this will enable you to spend time working on the stuff you actually LIKE doing a lot quicker

5. Build from scratch.

Every now and again, when building new sites, start with a blank HTML page and dont go 'searching' on the web for inspiration. Sometimes, building a site from scratch stops them all looking the same, if your sites all look the same, they are all going to stop working at the same time. Diversify your site layouts, not only colors, this way, if one layout no longer works for you, you have a good chance that another layout will.

Sounds simple enough doesnt it? But think about it, how often do you do one (or more) of the things on that list? Im actually really pissed about holding off on that content stuff, next time i think im just gonna upload and categorize it right away.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    1. Dont keep saying..

'I really need to...'
    Oh geez ... is this ever me. Didn't I just say this to you last night?

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Oh geez ... is this ever me. Didn't I just say this to you last night?

Michael
    Haha several times if i remember correctly LOL

Hows the domain hunt going?

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    WOW, many of my companions fit in the first listed item (Dont keep saying.. I really need to...)

I am a person that believes action depicts worth.