Thread: How to block chinese IPs?

dalimili

How to block chinese IPs?

Is it possible to block all chinese IPs at all?

I don't need their traffic

i believe you can use .htaccess and block the ip blocks.

lottatoys
    Here is a good start..

http://www.okean.com/thegoods.html

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If you run a search on GWW for 'chinese' you should find a .htaccess article in addition to one about using JavaScript and .php to redirect foreign traffic that i wrote a few years ago

Regards,

Lee

I haven't scanned on this for a while, but there are companies that you can purchase a geotargeting service from, their main function is to constantly give you updates as to which countries own which IP addresses as these can change. Plus I believe they provide you with the right server software scripts to implement it all too. Do a google search on geotargeting.

cheers,
    Luke

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    We use .htaccess allow / deny orders on our Unix servers to accomplish geo restrictions. We use IP ranges and country extensions as well as known ISP domains from withing countries we wish to block. However, there are inherant problems with that. It is not fool proof as there are so may proxy servers, ghosted IP's and countries and ISP's with so many overlapping IP ranges that it is next to impossible to block completely any country. I don't know of any fool proof blocking mechanism but sure would love to see one.

Marc
    Be careful if you submit galleries/sites on those areas youre blocking.

If the linklist or tgp owner gets complains from someone in China that they cant see your gallery or are getting redirected when they look at your site, the tgp owner might blacklist you.

just sayin

one better solution might be to geotarget your marketing on those sites frequently visited by chinese surfers. Geotargeting banners can be as easy as a php query getting the surfer's language settings, if its non-english then plaster your galleries with dialer sponsors. Their used to be some sponsors that offered free geotargeting banner scripts, you sign up for their program and all "good" traffic goes to any other program of your choice, but they redirect all "other" traffic like chinese to their sponsor program where you make a revshare percent off it. I forget who they were, anyone know?

Geotargeting your ads will also avoid you getting banned on TGP sites.

cheers,
    Luke

Doctor Dre
    You can also redirect by language with apache ... this will get a certain % of chinese users