Thread: Input on Boyfunk's upcoming new look/tour needed

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Input on Boyfunk's upcoming new look/tour needed

Hey, all

We're working on a complete redesign of Boyfunk.com, the flagship site in the Gaybucks family. We have a first draft of a new tour and I'd like to invite comments/suggestions/criticisms. Basically, if you would, rip it apart and tell us honestly where you think it's strong/weak/crappy/whatever

The URL for the new index page (minus the warning page which hasn't been linked in yet) is

http://www.boyfunk.com/newsite/

At present, the only link that actually works on the page is the "free preview" in the upper right. That will take you to the tour. We're also adding another page either in the middle or at the end of the tour with Flash video segments.

And... in anticipation of one comment I know we'll get... the "webstore" link will not be present on the affiliate index page or tour, so we won't have any leakage.

We also plan to make multiple index pages/tours available, along with other collateral marketing materials (FHG, banners, FPAs, etc) so any suggestions as to what would be helpful would be appreciated.

The interior is also being completely revamped, with a lot of new content, much better searching/sorting, and fully automated updating (whew!)... more on that once we have it up and running fully.

Any and all comments, thoughts are very much welcomed and appreciated.

dalimili
    1. I cant read anything in small text - out of focus

2. Enlarge "take the tour now"

3. I would play a bit with those models photos, like making them a bit more crisp and clear and colourful

Hope it helps

Chip,

Looks nice. My only suggestion is to find some pics of the models where they're smiling, teasing or at least not looking so blank in the facial expression.

Camper than a row of tents
    Good basic layout. It just needs some finishing work done to it.

I don't like the top. It just cuts off. Possibly move the logo up there into a bar like the one at the bottom (only not black) and round off the corners on each side at the top.

Case doesn't look right faded out in blue like that. Not in the current layout anyway. You'd usually only do that to a photo to use it as a background, but the positioning of everything is actually featuring his face. So I wouldn't try and hide him.

I'd go with a clear, color head and shoulders. Blue background, fade into blue for his upper chest and before you hit the model in the corner. Not straight across though, maybe follow that wavy line below him at least somewhat.

The photos in the left bar could be changed. At least for me, they do nothing.

The nav links... Some are less important than others. Some help make the sale. I'd have those stand out. Maybe put the preview related links in the left bar. Space them out. A photo above each one.

That black bar at the bottom, I'd add another blue bar above it with a line of bold sales text in it. Same color as the light blue background. Extend the wavy lines down into it horizontally. Then the darker Sammy blue on each side.

Free preview page 1

"We have the hottest teen boys you'll find anywhere" ... I'm not sure that applies to everyone on that page, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Also, this page emphasizes young. Yet the guy second from left on top in that photo has a ton of lines on his face.

2, 3, 4... Not bad or anything, but I'm not blown away either. I think you did what you could do with the chosen layout of those pages. I don't know as if people will read every word of that text though. One thing you fail to do on these pages is drill it into them that there is video on the site, and what that video consists of. Something as simple as animated gifs in WMP skin graphics would get this across.
    I post here to whore this sig.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful suggestions. AJ and I are compiling everything and meeting with the designer to tweak things a bit. We're also going to experiment with a couple of completely different tours as well... letting our affiliates choose what works best for them.

I really appreciate the input.