Thread: Webcam Software

davespeedoevans

Webcam Software

Hey guys - just wondering if any of you out there use webcam software and if so if you can recommend any.

Mine arrived in the mail today and going to put on some shows on my blog.

emulive is a standard one used in the adult industry, it needs a windows server to run on. I really don't know of others that are less powerful, maybe others can help.

cheers,
    Luke

davespeedoevans
    Luke - thanks mate I've got my own windows server so I'll give it a berl.

Thumbnailer
    Is there something for linux servers?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have to say im not all that 'up' on webcam software, perhaps MWren or CollegeBoysLive could shoot you some info.

Failing that, shoot an email across to dan @ camz.com and i am sure he'll be able to give you a few good urls

Regards,

Lee

kcwebwerks
    I have always been happy with Webcam32. And I believe the last release of Webcam32 also offeres both a frame by frame option (don't remember what its officially called) as well as a streaming option. And its alot less expensive than emulive.

I've never been all that crazy about emulive. The streaming video works well, but usually have problems with the streaming audio.

spridle1974
    i have been using webcam XP on www.amateurcanadianguys.com for our member shows with success. not expensive, easy to use. the chat that comes with it is a bit messy, but my webmaster is working on a solution for that, i know someone else who is using it with a different chat programme.
    www.webcamxp.com
    Last edited by spridle1974; 11-08-2005 at 10:52 PM. Reason: adding detail

OMG, I almost missed a webcam question! I'm slipping.

davespeedoevans-- so you want to do live cam shows on your blog site?

You can do simple, or you can go full streaming video/audio. I'd start simple to see how many people you have trying to watch. The number of viewers will usually determine how best to give em something the can watch reliably.

Webcam32 does a great job of single picture upload at 5 second intervals, you usually have the image refreshed by java applet or javascript, and you can have hundreds watching. The webcam32 streaming option is not so good for multiple viewers.. they are directly connecting to your PC for the video feed,so after 5 or 6, it slows down for everyone.

Windows Media Server is great quality, but bandwidth is a nightmare if you are going to have lots of people watching.

Emulive is good too, but pricey. If you're doing the webcam as a "hobby" or just to make your blog a little more lively, I think you'll be happy with webcam32 and a simple java applet refresh cam picture in your blog. You can leave it running as much as you want or on a second machine running 24/7 to really keep the "blog" hopping.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Ren do you know anything about http://www.userplane.com?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

KellyTaylor

Good Shit :( Lol

where is my name!! HAHAH Joking!! JOSH WESTON IS A SWEETHEART!! I LIKE HIM ALOT PERSONALLY AND PHYSICALLY AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES HIM SO MUCH BETTER AS WELL AS ROMAN HEART I REALLY LIIKE HIM ALOT PERSONALLY AND PHYSICALLY!!!
    THOSE ARE MY VOTES !!
    OH YEAH AND WHEN I MET JASON ADONIS THE 2 TIMES I HAVE....
    WITH EITHER CHI CHI OR BRETT FROM JET SET HE WAS A SUPER SWEET HEART ALSO!!
    ANYWAYZ THOSE ARE MY VOTES!
    ( SEE I DIDNT VOTE FOR MYSELF ) :wacko:
    kELLY tAYLOR

KellyTaylor

Yeah oooops!!

im such an airhead... TOTALLY WRONG THREAD!!!
    DAMN!! LOL..................... I SO DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT HEHEHE
    ANYWAYZ....
    *TWIDDLES THUMBS*
    SORRY!
    K. Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    Ren do you know anything about http://www.userplane.com?

Thanks,
    Mark
    I know its one of the newer "flash" based systems. I'm so out of the technical loop anymore, I haven't had a chance to mess with any of them yet. Its on my "to do" list.. eventually.

After I posted last night, I remembered that macromedia also has a webcam thing, just haven't been able to investigate it. I think Diesel is looking at that one, so I'll see what he finds out.

Ok, I'm liking this userplane thingy.

I set up a test page.. check it out. I'm gonna hang out and see what happens. If any of you want to check it out, its the free version with ads at the bottom, unlimited users, so drop by and say howdy.

http://www.menwithcams.com/cams/c2c.html

I'm not gonna wag my weenie, so don't be afraid to visit. LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    Ok, I'm liking this userplane thingy.

I set up a test page.. check it out. I'm gonna hang out and see what happens. If any of you want to check it out, its the free version with ads at the bottom, unlimited users, so drop by and say howdy.

http://www.menwithcams.com/cams/c2c.html

I'm not gonna wag my weenie, so don't be afraid to visit. LOL
    I thought it looked pretty good and had some nice features. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!