Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prizes or cold hard cash?

fallen

I Wonder? Prizes or cold hard cash?

So I’m sitting here thinking of a cool prize to give away for a promotion that I’m getting ready and having trouble coming up with one. So I though, what would I want? And it came to me – CASH!

So my question is this; do you want prizes such as iPods, PSP's, etc., or you want cash?

the threads on gfy where a prize is offered get a lot more responses for cold, hard cash - but not everone is from gfy. i myself prefer cash every time but i know some people who get a kick out of winning stuff rather than money.

perhaps you could offer the winner his/her choice - EITHER a mini mac OR $500.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I've done both cash and ipod contests before. Cash got a better response.

Personally, I like cash too.

claudio
    I want cash as well. I don't want a mini mac, am on windows.
    Often this might be a problem or people already have an iPod.

On the other hand such goods are often sponsored so you get away with little outlay.
    I often made promotion/competitions with journeys as prizes or vouchers of a travel company. People liked that.

fallen
    I've thought of travel prizes in the past as well. It's a great giveaway but some people can't or won't travel. Cash seems the ultimate prize - you win it and you spend it the way you want to spend it.

i don't want travel - it's of no use to me at this time. but money talks

Quote Originally Posted by fallen
    I've thought of travel prizes in the past as well. It's a great giveaway but some people can't or won't travel. Cash seems the ultimate prize - you win it and you spend it the way you want to spend it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Cash is always good for anyone however, for long-term return on the promotion, you really should consider using something 'physical'.

Just my opinion of course, i know nothing about marketing hehe

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    my experience with "prizes" deals with "mainstream" , a giant teddy-bear whose lap you can sit in ( wholesale price $ 50.00 U.S.D ) has more of a "ticket-drawing" response than a cash prize of $500.00 U.S.D , which obviously is worth more than the bear but in people's minds the bear is something "physical/tangible/etc."

sincerely ~ ..."once you think you've figured someone out , someone different comes along"... :goof:

p.s ~ give generously to your local "toys 4 tots" this year , thankyou for your attention

dalimili
    thumbs up for cash

LiveBucks_Rob
    We didn't really get much response to giving away xbox 360's so far anyway...

I think the cash rules. If you look at say PimpRoll, ARS and TopBucks $75 dollar days they seem to be quite popular and all webmasters are going to have a shot at it.

Paco
    MHO... Cash!

Enough with the iPods and 360s.

prizes are kewl but when I was in Australia I never used to bother trying with many of those prizes as they were usually electronic and Aus is on a different electrical standard. Plus everything gets held up in customs and sometimes they never get released. If you offer a prize make sure you also offer cash to those who prefer that.

cheers,
    Luke

claudio
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    my experience with "prizes" deals with "mainstream" , a giant teddy-bear whose lap you can sit in ( wholesale price $ 50.00 U.S.D ) has more of a "ticket-drawing" response than a cash prize of $500.00 U.S.D , which obviously is worth more than the bear but in people's minds the bear is something "physical/tangible/etc."
    I agree with you Jim.
    Might be that Europeans are quite different from...but if you get money you pay your dentists bill with it. But a splendid bear (which you don't know where to put) or as already mentioned a little journey which you wouldn't have done or bought at this time is something outstanding...
    No not electronical stuff but something that is more like a surprise, something you would not buy right now for yourself.
    Of course money is always good and welcome, but as you mention in your title - more or less cold (unless you sit on it).

fallen
    Good info guys, thanks. Next we we're gonna do a nice little promo for the month of November - and cash it is

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claudio
    I agree with you Jim.
    Might be that Europeans are quite different from...but if you get money you pay your dentists bill with it. But a splendid bear (which you don't know where to put) or as already mentioned a little journey which you wouldn't have done or bought at this time is something outstanding...
    No not electronical stuff but something that is more like a surprise, something you would not buy right now for yourself.
    Of course money is always good and welcome, but as you mention in your title - more or less cold (unless you sit on it).
    :cry: that's it! , i'm too european! :francais:

i have nothing against money prizes , it's just ea$ier to "write-off" a "bear" and it's something you can hold in your hands versus a check for $ 100.00 which... oh good! , now i can pay the meat bill!
    well i have to get back to helping the marines/navy with their sex..err..toy drive , you know i never truly realized how hot a guy was in uniform till i got out of the service..."i get weak" - belinda carlisle

sincerely ~ ..."god grant me the serenity to accept a man in uniform and the knowledge that he is naked underneath"... :goof: