Thread: Automated Submissions

retrograde

Automated Submissions

I've been getting an insane number of thumbnail page submissions on my TGP for boysfirstime.com, and I'm sick of them, so I'm no longer approving these sites.

However, I guess my TGP is on some automated list because every day I get a couple dozen boysfirsttime.com pages submitted, all from different IPs, with different e-mails, and on different domains, but they all use the same referral id on the site, so I know they're the same.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? Since I don't know perl, I guess I'm probably out of luck unless I switch to a different TGP script. That option requires money though... Doh!

its prolly on Russian Submitter, go visit their site and confirm you are listed and then visit their forum and request to be removed, but expect to get a huge huge drop in submits.

cheers!

Luke

...or alternatively put a notice up on your submit page saying you will ban submitters who submit those galleries, then start your blacklist up and ban their domain name +/ email address!

cheers,

Luke

response #3 (hehe)

if you can't ban domains and emails then you might want to look at using autogallery from jmbsoft, the "pro" version is totally cheap, like $50, and does this and much much more.

cheers,

Luke

just change the url of your submission page. any submissions done by autosubmitter will take a while to find you - some won't even know you've moved the page!

gel
    Your geting some good advice.

I definately agree that your should upgrade to a a paid version of Autogallery.

I suggest making the jump to Autogallery SQL.

I adds a lot of features that will help you filter out crap submissions. It also will allow you to potentially add thumbnail previews and will alllow you to randomly include a number of your own galleries our sponsor hosted galleries into the mix. The later will increase you income.

If your not makeing enough to go with Autogallery I would suggest perhaps stepping back for awhile and putting the TGP on the back burner. TGPs are difficult for a beginner to build up to a point they worth the effort it takes to maintain them.