Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever been banned?

trinity

Has anyone ever been banned?

A quick question...I just found out I have been banned from a board because the man running it owes me money for work and refuses to pay me. This other board has always touted itself as a freewheeling, speak your mind forum where ALL are welcomed. Apparently it's not if you are owed wages. Other vendors who were owed money have posted to other boards inquiring about non-payment by him as well. Any one else out there been burned by Eddie K? :boo:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorry to hear that Trinity, it wouldnt really be fair of me to say anything other than, if you swim with the sharks.....

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    Some of the OTHER board moderators are known for thowing lil' fits or temper tantrums and allow things to get way too personal.
    May be it is a sign you should not be posting there or your wasting your time with them.

BUT, I am a somewhat of an extremist, so my actions might not fight your bill.

Oh, the answer is no - if anything, I am the one that boycotts them.

trinity

and it gets worse...

Thanks for your replies. I should have known better and followed my gut instincts about this loser. Live and learn. I have since been contacted by other poor souls who were ripped off in the thousands. Beware if you deal with Eddie K at reAxsis Media. I'm hoping against hope he squares up with everyone but I'm not holding my breath. If he turns out to be a stand up guy you'll be the first to know.:shifty:

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Don't feel bad. A certain website owes me a lot of cash, too and they won't even allow my email address to pass through registration when I try and sign up for their board.

And I have always been a big supporter of them and considered the owner a friend. Now that they owe me so much money, they have suddenly forgotten about our friendship and decided to block me on their buddy lists and message board.

Go figure.

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

Fetishlady
    sorry about that trinity.
    the owner of that board deals with biz in a personal way...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    There's a certain board that's run by another content provider and no matter what I posted there they would trash me up and down. If I agreed with the main post of the thread, they would call me a sig whore, if I started a new thread they would say I was being a sig whore, and then if someone was looking for content and I replied, they would say I was only using the board to get sales. They didn't ban me but I won't ever post on that board again. I was amazed at how unfriendly they were.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    When I was 17 years old the magistrate judge told me he never wanted to see me in his courtroom again. Does that count??

PS: 14 years later after I earned my law degree and was elected district attorney he liked seeing me in his courtroom. Go figure.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Hal

An open email to Eddie K.

Quote Originally Posted by trinity
    A quick question...I just found out I have been banned from a board because the man running it owes me money for work and refuses to pay me. This other board has always touted itself as a freewheeling, speak your mind forum where ALL are welcomed. Apparently it's not if you are owed wages. Other vendors who were owed money have posted to other boards inquiring about non-payment by him as well. Any one else out there been burned by Eddie K? :boo:
    Sorry I didn't post this earlier, I might have saved some people a good deal of money. I hired EK as my affiliate marketing rep at $2000./mo after talking with him at the summer Internext 2004. He was a one man show at the time.and had recently lost his job at cruisingforsex.com. I fired him after the first month (I waited too long). I wrote him the following email a year later:

Eddie,

Every once in a while I take a look at your board, just to see what's going on with the other side of the world and this time I decided to send you an email expressing my thoughts. I haven't had any contact with you in quite a while. I just wrote you off along with my $2000.00 check which you had the nerve to cash. I would've felt much better about it if I had just lost the money with my wallet on the street. At least that way there would've been a chance that it found it's way to someone who deserved or really needed it. Anyway, be assured that it had no effect on my life, it was one day's net income on one of my slower sites. Be that as it may, it was money I earned and paid to you for your "marketing services". What I received from you instead and only after continually contacting you, was a list, a totally misspelled (there were spell checkers even that far back :-) and sloppy one at that (I'm sure you wouldn't want that work published anywhere), in the grammatical style of a sixth grader. It contained no more advice or info than I had learned after my first month in business in 1996. Oh, and lets not forget the almost immediate pitch by you for another $500 to "represent" me in the Gay Erotic Expo after I had told you before I had contracted your services that I wasn't interested in direct consumer marketing. I was clear about just wanting business to business affiliate marketing. When I finally told you to fuck off the last day of the first month you were working for me, you ran to Badpuppy and a couple of others to make deals I could have done myself. The slap in the face was that you cashed the check, didn't apologize for taking my money for doing NOTHING. I wrote the entire experience off to your probable xxxx and/or xxxxxxx problem or your desperation from being recently out of a job. I walked away from my mistake being thankful that I didn't give you the opportunity to rip off any more money or time from me than you did.

However, when I saw your post about "doing biz with others" on triple x, I don't know whether it was the anger or pure nausea I was feeling that spurred me on to write this email. I don't get back at people on the boards or in public (although after the bus hijacking at my party in Hollywood I do like taking jabs at that xxx, desperate, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx who was reported as the person who was responsible). So in effect, I am asking for, but certainly not expecting from you an apology and some type of remuneration. It would be the right thing for you to do - but I honestly don't expect it. It might be helpful if I attach all of our correspondence and your "work" to this email to jog your memory - but I don't think that's necessary - right Eddie? No hard feelings, what ever goes around comes around, every dog has his day, karma, etc.

See ya around.

Sincerely yours,

Hal
    Brendon Marley Video
    "The B Unit"

Final Note: EK never did reply.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    sheesh. $2000/month!

Hal, what'd I charge you when I was at Bionic Pixels? Less than that for a whole year, I think. And after the contract had expired and I wasn't satisfied with the work I'd done for you and felt that I didn't deliver on what I'd promised, I offered to keep doing stuff free of charge.

In fact to this day I still think to myself how I hope you felt you got lasting value out of what you'd paid me!

Hal and Brendon are a couple of the nicest guys in the biz so it bums me out all the more knowin' ya got shafted on a deal.

By the way, Hal, I'm in Florida now!!! So I'm gonna come visit ya! That's your warning! =P

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Hal
    Hey Brian,

First of all welcome to the Sunshine/Hurricane state. My door's alway open for you, so visit any time. Bradley will puff your pillows and read you a bedtime story.

We'll be up in your neighborhood toward the end of January and I'm sure we'll get together. Bradley's bf is now working for me also. We'll all see you in Vegas pretty soon.

As for your post, you went way over, above and beyond what you needed to and we really appreciate it. Just one question - why'd you stop?
    There are good people and there's those who conduct themselves on the lowest rung of the ethics ladder in both their personal and business interactions. The informality and edginess of this business seem to attract more than it's fair share of the bottom feeders. Anyway, what goes around comes around. And that's why we have the utmost respect for you and support you in whatever you do. And as far as my EK experience - I just don't want to think about it again - who needs negative things like that thing in their life. Thanks again for the nice words and I hope you're enjoing your new position.

Talk to you soon. Fondest regards from all here,

Hal

Quote Originally Posted by trinity
    Does Eddie still owe you money?

If so, you might want to contact him using the info he posted in this thread..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=16630

Regards,

Lee

GVBEddie
    Ah, Dated November, 2005. This ONE person was taken care of. Thanks for your concern though , should we start going to boards and pulling up your past business pratices and people you owe money to that has NOT been taken care of?

You know what Lee, you can talk your shit behind your board but at shows that you decide to come to where you can be lost in the crowd, ie Vegas, you're like a weasel. If you have any problems with me or want to sit down face to face and discuss them at a show I would glady welcome it. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GVBEddie
    Ah, Dated November, 2005. This ONE person was taken care of. Thanks for your concern though , should we start going to boards and pulling up your past business pratices and people you owe money to that has NOT been taken care of?

You know what Lee, you can talk your shit behind your board but at shows that you decide to come to where you can be lost in the crowd, ie Vegas, you're like a weasel. If you have any problems with me or want to sit down face to face and discuss them at a show I would glady welcome it. Cheers

Feel free to pull up anything in my past that you feel will be of help to you in this thread

Id really be interested to see what you are referring to myself

Regards,

Lee

wwc-pajio
    ... not me!!