Thread: 'Urban' Marketing? Anyone Else Noticed This On TV Lately?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

'Urban' Marketing? Anyone Else Noticed This On TV Lately?

So i was just watching TV and realized that we're beginning to see an influx of urban black marketing hitting the screens. Primarily in the form of those commercials for pre-pay phone services, ive seen ones for Boost(?) T-Mobile and, i even saw one for Sprint the other day.

Do you folks think we're going to start seeing an influx of urban marketing in the adult industry because of this recent tv trend?

I just thought it was weird, up until a few months ago, the African-American demographic really wasnt targeted that much in commercials, what do you think has caused this shift in marketing?

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    I personally believe it's a sort of reflection of popular culture... When latino boom ended in 1999 it was a total turn to hip-hop, rap, r'n'b... and now most of the commercial music is just that - regardless if it's sang by white chick (josse stone) or Beyonce... or white boy (Eminem)....

I'm not trying to say that those types of music were not listened to before, but they were never mainstream as much as they are now...

So basically when Loreal hired Beyonce and Halle Berry to promote their products 3 years ago others followed...

Paco
    Merely providing the masses, with what they want/ask for.

It seems a very large percentage of people listens to EEPOP (more so those that listen to top40 or N.American mainstream radio). The marketing companies know this and they are simply doing their job.

If people strived to be more unique, marketers would not have it so easy.