Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Color - Fetish or Niche?

robin

I Wonder? Hair Color - Fetish or Niche?

OK, I'm trying to wrap my mind around this...

Is hair color (redheads, blondes, etc...) considered a fetish or a niche? Or are they both?

some link lists and tgps list haircolor as a category. as far as fetish, hmmm... i'm sure many would consider it a fetish.

fetish, as listed on dictionary.com:
    Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
    or
    An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

i know guys who only find men with one hair color sexually attractive, so i guess the second definition could cover it.

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    some link lists and tgps list haircolor as a category. as far as fetish, hmmm... i'm sure many would consider it a fetish.
    To put the question into context I was mulling over the options for listing a few sites at my links list.

My first inclination was to treat it as a category but then I was thinking that it might be more at home in the fetish section.

I've never thought of color as a fetish before but then I'm trying to figure out where your "average" surfer would be looking for or expecting said types of sites.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Robin,

Strictly speaking, its a fetish however, if you are listing it so that people can submit sites to you, id give the hair color niche its own category, that way, they can list blondes, brunettes, redheads, ravens, etc etc.

The problem we have in the gay market right now, is there there are really only 3 sites that i know of to promote hair color, Amazing Blondes from Zooted, RedHeadGuys which is a BadPuppy site and, Blonde Buddies, which is one of the Condom Cash sites.

Ultimately, because of this, if you feel you'll be able to get enough listings to give it its own section on your site, do so however, id personally be more inclined to list it under 'misc fetishes' at least until we're able to see more sites developing in this area.

Regards,

Lee

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Robin,
    Strictly speaking, its a fetish however, if you are listing it so that people can submit sites to you, id give the hair color niche its own category, that way, they can list blondes, brunettes, redheads, ravens, etc etc..
    Interesting take - thanks Lee.

Nope, I don't accept submissions anymore -- just want to try and keep things organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    The problem we have in the gay market right now, is there there are really only 3 sites that i know of to promote hair color, Amazing Blondes from Zooted, RedHeadGuys which is a BadPuppy site and, Blonde Buddies, which is one of the Condom Cash sites.
    Yep that was my other problem -- I'm currently signed up for the latter 2.

I'll come up with something this week -- I can always change things around later; I've done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    My first inclination was to treat it as a category but then I was thinking that it might be more at home in the fetish section.
    when I think fetish sites, I think extreme stuff like bdsm, watersports, etc. I don't think of "soft" fetishes like hair colours, as a result if I had a thing for redheads I would never look in the fetishes category.

just my opinion as a surfer

cheers,
    Luke

an option is to put redheaded hunks in hunks, blond twinks in twinks, and so on. when i did freckled girls as a niche most link lists and tgps just put the girls under babes.

joneze
    I consider hair color to be a category.
    If you were to get very technical everything could be considered a fetish.
    Asian, Black, etc.
    With a category you have a better focus rather then being jumbled in with the extreme stuff.
    That I think most of us consider to be in the fetish area.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    ..."darling! , if i kept my hair "natural" like you i'd be bald!"... - auntie mame

i'm not sure "haircolor" is a fetish ( is that between piercings and tatoo's? ) as mentioned it's probably more of a niche ( blonde , brunette? ) i do know that blondes have more fun , bitches!

sincerely ~ ..."cause i'm a blonde"... - julie brown

'cause i'm a blond B - L - O - N - D
    'cause i'm a blond - don't you wish you were me?

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    ~ ..."cause i'm a blonde"... - julie brown

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    'cause i'm a blond B - L - O - N - D
    'cause i'm a blond - don't you wish you were me?
    OMG -- I luv that song! And I luv Auntie Mame too!

Fetishlady
    haircolor is more of a niche than fetish

Paco
    Our industry has a real knack for ignoring proper definitions as well placing things where some web masters want them, instead of where they belong.

It is a fetish thusly it is a niche.

Fetish (as per Merriam-Webster): an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification

Niche (as per Merriam-Webster): a place, employment, status, or activity for which a person or thing is best fitted

Merely how I see it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    sincerely ~ ..."cause i'm a blonde"... - julie brown
    Ya ya ya!!!

I have found in the past few years that I have a fetish for bleached blond guys. I don't really have a preference for any particular hair color, although I do love shaved heads, that's not really a color. But I always stop and look when I see a guy with bleached blond hair. Especially if they have dark roots. Woof!

Which is so opposite from the types of guys I usually go for. LOL!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

robin
    I'm going to put them into two sections maybe even three. Cross referencing type of dealy. I've been doing that for a number of sites that can easily be placed into different categories.

I notice that directories like Yahoo! have placed those sites in the fetish section.